Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 02:57 AM   #1
Forest Grump

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
In Big Bear Lake

My name is Grump, Forest Grump, and a grump I am, in the forest. Big Bear Lake, Southern California 7,000' up and just east of LA. Home of earthquakes, forest fires, lots of flat landers as visitors and some of the best 4x4 black diamond trails, trout fishing, biking and skiing in the west.

I like to do most of my own work on my Thor ACE 27.1 X crept for engine stuff. Don't like engine stuff. Be fine stuff doesn't like me.

I am a retired environmental and petroleum mcrobiologist. Married 50 years, 2 daughters, 4 granddaughters. One granddaughter joins us, one daughter and her autistic daughter join us but stay at a hotel/motel at night.

We bought the RV to camp, not to live in. We love the high Alpine lakes of the Sierra's. We take an inflateable 11' pontoon boat with a trolling motor and/or a 2.5 4 stroke gas outboard with us and lots of fishing stuff. Fly rods, flies, needle fish. We're not as good as the fish Hawks or bald eagles but we try. Normally we camp where hookups are not even a thought. Like it that way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum