Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 03:02 PM   #8
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
We bought our 2015 Vegas 24.1 this past Aug and have just a little over 5000 miles on it. I echo all the previous comments. We had a few warranty issues that were addressed pretty quickly by Thor and our dealer. We have been out probably 10 times and we really like and enjoy our Vegas.

Warranty work -- if this is your first RV you'll find warranty work on it is not like on your car. When you have an issue you take it to the dealer. They evaluate the problem. Then they contact Thor to authorize the warranty repair (meaning Thor will pay them for the work). If parts are required, Thor will ship the the parts. All of this can take time. I had a stress crack develop in my windshield and the authorization to repair and shipment of the new windshield took about 2 1/2 weeks (but that was also between Thanksgiving and Christmas).

Dealer -- this could be your most important decision. Generally we pick a dealer based on the best sell price. But you really need to do good research on their record of service after sales. They buy their inventory from Thor and like a new house, those units come with a pretty long punch list of fit, finish, and quality items. A good dealer does a thorough walkthrough and fixes all that stuff before anyone even looks at the inventory. A less than quality dealer just puts it on the lot and expects the customer to find all the problems - buyer beware. You should never sign a contract with a long list of things the dealer promises to fix later. You can find comments on this forum of people buying a new RV and not being able to use it for months because it is sitting at the dealer's waiting for parts and or repair. My walkthrough pre-delivery inspection with the dealer took 4 hours. We found three minor problems that were fixed immediately before we even drove out. In their prep, they had even removed all the drawers and vacuumed up all the construction dust, dirt, screws, bits of wood from under the cabinets and under the bed storage areas.

Manuals -- you'll get a canvas bag with manuals for all the appliances and a generic Thor manual. It's a lot of literature. The Thor manual is pretty generic for ALL Thor products and leaves a lot to the imagination. Working with several contributed to the Thor forum, I compiled an in-depth owners' manual specific to Axis/Vegas. It also has several camping checklists. Additionally, there is a very detailed pre-delivery checklist specific to the Axis/Vegas. Send an email to bevedfelker@live.com and I'll forward you a copy.

Good luck -- and let us know what you decide.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum