Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: stress crack
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #25
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
we have barely put 1000 miles on the camper and i am very unhappy with Thor and their customer service.

Wow! Didn't you get the Thor concierge service?

On our maiden voyage we drove directly to Fort Wilderness the morning we took delivery. The evening after returning from a day at the Magic Kingdom I stepped up and "BANG", the bolt sheared off my step and bounced off the Disney asphalt at my site, (gee, this sounds just like the current recall).

I immediately called the Thor concierge service and they actually tried to find dealerships that could help me in Florida. They gave me eight dealership numbers between Florida and California where I could stop on my travel home. They offered to send the replacement part, (an entire step assembly), ahead and then just have a service department install it. Thor tried to help.

I called the service departments that were not out of our way. Then unhappily found out that they would only do the work when they could get us into the shop, on their schedule, even if Thor overnighted the parts. I didn't feel like waiting a few days and extending our trip, I had to get back to work!

I ended up just tying up the steps for the trip home with a VERY spendy set of Coughlin bungy cords purchased at the Disney Trading Post at the Fort Wilderness campground.

On the trip home across the country, the same Thor guy called me asking if I still wanted the parts shipped to a dealership. He ultimately shipped the parts to the dealership closest to my home, (the now closed due to bankruptcy McMahon's RV in Westminster, CA). The new steps were installed in one day with all of my other warranty punch list items.

And, I only had purchased a bargain basement, (I purchased it at a CW in Georgia for under $75k, when it was listed at $128k here in CA), Hurricane 34E from across the country, not even a fancy Challenger or Palazzo. I'm kinda surprised to hear that you received such bad service.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum