Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #7
rhiannon

Brand: Still Looking
State: Maryland
THOR #3776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 roll View Post
We are in the process of deciding between the Thor Quantum pd31 vs the Leprechaun DS317. May I ask what you thought of the Leprechaun and why you are switching?
There is nothing wrong with our Leprechaun. I mean, there were some minor things that needed to be fixed in the past 2 years, but apparently that's true for all RVs. The main reason we're looking to trade is that we're really just looking to upgrade. My husband grew up RVing with his grandparents, but I had zero experience. He finally persuaded to give a try and and we both loved with the 319DS floorplan (now the 319MB) and it was within the budget we agreed on for a "starter" RV. We thought the interior and the amenities of the Leprechaun looked better than most of the equivalent Class Cs at that price point.

Now that we've gone on a bunch of trips, I've decided that I really need a king-sized bed! lol I also want stainless steel sinks because I've noticed the beige kitchen sink (not sure what material it is) shows some scratches from where utensils have accidentally scraped the sides. Lastly, I really wanted a bigger shower. There's nothing wrong with the size of the shower in the Leprechaun, but I just wanted it bigger to have more room to wash my long hair, shave my legs, etc.

We went the RV show a few weeks ago and as I was walking through Class As, I saw several bath and a half models and that quickly became another item on my wish list! We have a 11yo son and I thought how nice that he can have his own bathroom to use (other than showering).

So bottom line - absolutely nothing wrong with the Leprechaun and would buy another one in a heartbeat if we weren't looking to go bigger and have more amenities.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum