Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 12:10 AM   #7
BHoraist

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 36 TL
State: Virginia
THOR #3852
I recently purchased a 2016 Challenger 36 TL and wanted to comment on the new 6 sp transmission...excellent! I traded my 2015 ACE that had the 5 sp and it's a big improvement! The 5 sp was a lot louder because it revved much higher up to each shift point even under moderate acceleration. The new unit is really quiet by comparison and downshifts more predictably to assist with downhill grades. I wasn't aware of the 6 sp change for 2016 but noticed the improvement right away when I drove it home. It wasn't until I read the forum comments, and confirmed the PRND421 on my dash, did I know the reason.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum