Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 02:00 PM   #20
gentilebrian

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
We have a 2017 Freedom Elite 26he

First was to spray 4 cans of undercoating to anything shiny underneath.
The stereo speakers were horrible so those got replaced.
The 32" tv only runs on 120v so I swapped that out with a 24" 12v tv/dvd combo and installed the 32" into the bedroom area.
The matress is more like a board so we bought a matress pad. That was not enough so we bought a additional 4" memory foam pad and haven't tried that yet.

Next up is going to be LED Offroad lights for backing up.
Install a analog 12v gage
Install a new outlet but one with a night light for not so much seeing at night but to tell me if the generator is running. Hard to hear when driving and only real indication is the microwave which is very dim.
Need something for black tank washing.

We came from a R-Vision 33' class A and couldn't be happier moving down to this 26'. Big part of the decision was it had to be short to make it down a boat launch ramp and had to be a E-450 chassis to have enough to pull the boat.

I don't hear much wind noise from the coach. Its just the motor and its a big motor so its gonna be loud. That's why people get pushers so they don't have to hear it. It is louder then my Gas F250 but not by much but the motor is trying harder.

I only have put on 1,100 miles but my MPG towing my 7k boat is 6.5mpg.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160518_20_14_11_Pro.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	2578  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum