Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
QAM is the coded digital cable signal that you would receive for Verizon as an example. In order to decode that cable signal, you need a QAM capable tuner in your TV. Some Seiki models have a QAM tuner, but many do not. The two Seikis I have in my 2015 Vegas do not have the QAM tuner so it will not decode a cable signal like that in Disney's Fort Wilderness.

I have a Saikyo TV in the bedroom and that has a QAM tuner so it is able to decode the cable signal at Fort Wilderness and we usually get around 92 channels.

The Seikis work fine in RV parks that have a centralized Dish system. They have scanned cable channels in all military FAMCAMPs, Hershey Park Campgrounds, and several other commercial privately owned parks.

The key for the Seikis is they will not decode an encoded cable signal. They scan fine when the cable system is not encoded.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum