Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #16
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
10. Unless you're arriving very late & leaving very early stay at a campground not Wal-Mart. Seen folks set up at 3:30-4:00 In the afternoon in their high dollar motorhomes, if they are too cheap to pay for a park they should quite rving.
I have to comment on this as one that has stayed at "Chateau Wal-Mart" on several occasions...
I do so more for convenience.. After leaving the house by 6am (beat traffic thru Detroit) - by 3pm I am looking for a place to stop. Typically find a Wal-Mart an hour or so ahead - call and ask for permission and where they want me to park, and get there around 4.

I don't "set up". Don't extend jacks, slides, awnings... Just park. And don't have to unhook the toad to back into a site (or be limited to those parks with 'pull through'). I always go to the service desk to say hi and thank them for the privilege. And always buy dinner plus other items (so it isn't cheaper.. In park I'd just eat what I have on board..)

I am typically back on road before sunrise - something that would be disruptive to neighbors in the park.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum