Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
You got a good point. My neighbor had a tree fall on his house over Labor Day weekend, 2014 due to a storm. There is still a hole in the side of his house and the snow is falling. They finally have a dumpster in their front yard along with a storage container and a dozen or so rafters, but no repairs have started yet.

It took us 6 months to settle with our boat insurance when our boat was damaged, but the insurance finally came through.

Can't blame them for the entire delay though (boat was in a building fire), as the fire marshal cordoned off the entire site for at least 60 days to do their investigation (there was a serious injury to one boat owner), then the marina's insurance company lawyered up and got the building off-limits for another 30 days to do their "investigation".

So all in all, it took about 90 days for my insurance company to settle after getting all of the estimates.

Too bad that insurance company doesn't insure RVs though, as I would have went with them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum