Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 06:21 AM   #38
hexrays

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: California
THOR #791
Poor Quality Product

We have had our 2014 Thor Hurricane 32A for a year now. I don't see how there could be any quality control out of the factory. We have had a multitude of issues with our rig.
-The dining slide was not closing evenly, was in and out of the shop for weeks because of a gap at one corner.
-Screws on exterior ladder not fully seated.
-Alignment was off, pulling to the right. Made a long trip very tiring try to keep her straight.
-Bad propane regulator. Had to be replaced.
-Large rock chips from the trip out from Indiana, front end had to be repainted.
-Engine cover hold downs broken/missing.
-Drivers side window rattles.
-Dashboard lights not working.
-The curtain hangers were all rusted and wore through the loop that supports them.
-The door catch that keeps the bathroom door open separating the bedroom from the living area did not meet the hardware so it would not stay open.
-Loose TV cables (not properly crimped) were causing noisy picture.
-Leveling jack were not calibrated.
-Leveling jacks were leaking hydrolic fluid at the motor, hoses were not tightened properly at the factory.
-Cabinets are cheaply made, some shelves are cut too short, do meet the plastic supports.
-Bunk bed got stuck, would not go up. Motors had to be replaced.
-Linoleum has gouge in it from a protruding screw under the dining slide.
-Multiple loose screws found underneath the dining slide.
-Tail light fills with water when it rains or from washing.
-Wallpaper is wrinkled at each wall cabinet corner from cabinets dropping slightly.
-The seal that is supposed to sit between the frame and coach floor is hanging down in one area.
-There are wire penetrations from the exterior that were not sealed at the factory.
-Rear mud flap support keeps coming loose on one side.
-Screw missing on fender skirt.
-Wallpaper at top of shower is peeling, not glued very well.

I'm sure I've left off a few things..... Some of these are petty, I know, but they should be caught before leaving the factory. I get the feeling these rigs are slapped together as fast as possible and pushed out the door.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum