Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #1
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Atwood Heater Circuit Board

I think I've had a failure in the igniter controller board on my Atwood heater. This morning I went out to the coach (we pulled it out of storage and are preparing for a trip). I found that the heater blower was running, but with the thermostat in the Off position. The burner itself was not operating.

As part of troubleshooting I pulled the fuse and the motor shut off (good, right circuit). Upon plugging the fuse back in, the blower started up but then immediately started to short cycle. The heater has an off switch in the enclosure, but I found that that shuts off power to the thermostat as well as shutting off the blower. I may end up disconnecting the wire to the blower motor until I can get it fixed.

Just to check the thermostat I disconnected all of the thermostats wiring and the blower continues to run and to short cycle. Sometimes the blower will run 5-10 seconds without shutting off but most of the time it cycles on a 1-2 second period. The blower relay is operating on the same cycle.

I'm guessing that the circuit board is FUBAR. I'm exchanging calls with Thor to see if I can get them to send me a new board. The last thing I want to do is deal with CW over getting it fixed. Its worth just buying a new board to avoid dealing with them. Cost of gas for 2 trips (one for them to agree with me that there is a problem and a second one at some unnamed future date to get it changed) is almost the cost of a board.

Anyone hear of such behavior?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum