Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #10
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
To bring this thread back to the Jensen installation, I hinted above that I bought an adapter cable to work with the Jenson camera connectors that fit the back of the Jensen units.

There are actually two adapter cables available. One that adapts the Jensen plug cameras to Audio/Video DC power leads, and one to adapt a standard video camera to the Jenson plug which allows the Jensen receiver to work with many 3rd party cameras.

...if you don't already have a 3 camera system, the adapter cables allow you to use less expensive (i.e. non Jensen) cameras - as long as the resolution etc. is compatible.

Adapter (31300006) for Jensen camera to non-jensen monitor.

Adapter (31100004) for 3rd party cameras to connect to Jensen receivers. This will not allow the Jensen receiver to power the camera, so separate power is required. So you'd have to parallel the power leads to the ignition switched power lead of the receiver.

As stated, I bought a 3130006 adapter last year for an "exploratory" project. I bought it directly from Jensen (http://www.jensenrvdirect.com). I have not tried it yet, but my initial thought was to hook up the backup camera to my Garmin RV760 GPS, but other projects kind of got in the way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum