Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Why Thor
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #13
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
In our search for our first Class A we were let down by our first selection (Precept). It had so many issues that we could have had 10 PDI's over a 3 month period and I don't think they could have delivered it fixed.

I just happened to see our unit after it was taken in by the dealer. Never really did much research on Thor MH's. Loved the floorplan and looked it over pretty good. Did some research and went back to make the deal. Since we were making the deal in Illinois we also did the factory tour in northern Indiana within the first month of ownership.

I believe that Thor Motorhomes are about in the middle of the pack when it comes to value and quality. In the last few years the factory has cut back on production in an effort to better control quality so I think they are improving.

Even though I am not a believer in purchasing new anymore, I would certainly not hesitate to purchase a 1 or 2 year old Thor Motorhome over most other brands out there. Just my 2 cents.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum