Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #10
Don and Dale

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Arizona
THOR #1124
I will add this. The BIGGEST issue I had when I bought our used 2013 ACE 29.2 was the genset shutting down from overheating, which eliminated the use of the house AC during travel. Ours "was" located behind the left front wheel, next to the engine. Believing this was the cause of the excessive heat issue and addressing the issue with Thor, they stepped up to the plate and had the genset relocated where the propane tank was (behind right side rear tires). RV Renovators did an outstanding job and Thor authorized a heat shield be built around the propane tank to ease my concern of the heat. True that it wasn't an easy road to hoe to get this done, but in the end, I am extremely thankful that Thor made it right. Most likely, your new 2015 has already had the relocation of the genset to somewhere towards the rear of the coach.
Granted, I haven't used it since the change, but I am confident it will certainly help the issue, if not eliminate it all together. I have no problem reporting back with the final results come summer.
Other issues were with the macerator pump replacement due to "construction debris" in the tanks. This is something you won't be able to check for, unfortunately, until it becomes an issue. Other small things that I have had to fix along the way. Overall, the DW and I are LOVING our ACE. Enjoy your new MH.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum