Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Need help
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 11:12 PM   #25
ComputerChips

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
I have not worked with a 50 amp setup. You say you have 2 transfer switches, each in a separate box. Maybe someone will chime in. I wonder if they split the genny output into two circuits and send the to the two transfer switches. You said everything works on shore power, so means the AC breakers are OK. Did both relays flip or just one? You seem to be missing 1 hot leg from the Genny. If you studied my photo you could see that I had a bad wirenut connection on both wires from my Genny and it melted the wire nuts off just like a kid with a marshmallow on a coat hanger over the fire. If you are comfortable working on this stuff you could examine the splices coming in from the Genny with a meter, or at least look closely for any tell tale signs that you have a connection problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum