Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 03:10 AM   #15
RadioRanger

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
I used the Bluetooth a couple of times with the AXXERA radio and was not impressed. While driving it seems to pick up all of the background noise.

I use an Android phone, so what I did is set the phone so that it only connects to the AXXERA for media. No phone service etc. I also have a Plantronics headset that I use a lot. So I use that for the phone part.

To connect you need to connect the phone to the radio first, then power up the headset and life is good. The only drawback is that passengers cannot be part of the conversation, but that is a minor issue. With the headset noise cancellation is great and you can carry on a normal conversation and it is still hands free of course. Anything you are streaming at the time stops and starts again when the call ends.

Using the AXXREA for phone calls is a non-starter with all of the background noise.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum