Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 09:30 PM   #16
Ron

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: California
THOR #1675
Lippert Slide Systems

FW28z and Fhenn . . .it appears you we both correct! I found a hard-to-find Lippert web page that shows a slide similar to mine. It was in the customer service section under, "above floor sofa slide." It looks like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lippert slide picture 500.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	317

The part I still don't understand is how the manual operation works. Most slides that I've read about say to disconnect the motor and crank something or push the slide in manually. This manual says this...

MANUAL OPERATION
The Lippert Above Floor Slideout System Motor is equipped with a Manual Override system that allows you to extend or retract a room if the rooms do not move when switch is pushed.

With a second person assisting, one person must push and hold the MANUAL
OVERRIDE switch in the unit, located on the control panel, while
the other person, using a 5/8” wrench or socket/ratchet combination, rotates the
hex head MANUAL OVERRIDE (Figs. 8 & 9) to manually move the slideout.

Name:	Lippert slide motor Figure 7-500.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	315

Name:	Lippert slide motor Figure 8-9 500.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	316

So, it would appear that I don't disconnect anything, just crank that little nut and it will retract? Does that nut rotate when the slide goes in and out normally?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum