Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
.....cut.....

The 23U was nicer to drive. The small size and short wheelbase made it maneuverable in towns. I could make U-turns on wider city streets and could almost always find a place to park by taking up a couple of spots at the end of a parking lot. It also had no problems going up steep hills. ....cut....

.....cut.....
One thing we miss on the 23U is the Mega-storage compartment. We could put dog corrals, zero-gravity chairs, a screened room, a grill, fishing rods, large storage bins, etc. in that exterior storage compartment. The storage compartment on the 31E is much shallower/smaller, and it is a challenge to stow long or bulky items. We now have to stow some of these larger items inside the RV while we travel.

.....cut.....
Nice review and comparison.

I agree smaller motorhomes can be nicer, easier, and more fun to drive -- everything else being equal. I suppose it's very important though that it be large enough to meet intended use.

I can not agree with you more on MegaStorage. I find it inconceiveable that there are so few American motorhomes offering large MegaStorage exterior compartments. I know it's not for everyone, but honestly can't comprehend why there are not more motorhomes with MegaStorage compartments.

I've been following the 2017 Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf and it's great to see that many motorhomes (of all sizes) continue to include what they call "garages" that can be in the 60 to 100 cubic-foot size range (rough estimate on my part). They can easily haul bikes, scooters, or even motorcycles. We've rented various Thor-built Class Cs with MegaStorage at very back and really enjoyed the added exterior space. My only wish is that they would make the MegaStorage much taller so that bikes or scooters would fit standing upright.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum