Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #32
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbeetle View Post
I have a Thor chateau 2016 they told me it was okay for the wheels to be off the ground. But 2 years later I Am leaking hydraulic fluid from the self leveling jacks I have taken it to campworld on two occasions. They keep telling me it is fine there's nothing wrong with my system but it still leaks. Most likely I'm going to have to replace the $900 pump. So the answer is by the yellow blocks at campworld to help level your RV so the wheels are not off the ground in the front. Happy RV in
The weight difference on the jacks from wheels on ground but suspension extended - and wheels off the ground - just isn't that large... The systems are rated to lift well over the weight we are lifting.
Jacks will leak sometimes - but tying that to having lifted the front wheels off the ground is a stretch in my opinion.

To keep the weight off the jacks, you would need to fully level with blocks - and use the jacks for at most stabilizers.... I got the jacks for convenience and not having to deal with the blocks.

Replacing the pump for a leak at the jacks?? or you can't find the leak?
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum