Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #11
bruno1950

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcouple View Post
Bruno, with open trailer like that do you notice the bike getting pounded with road grime due to the vacuum created by the MH going down the road?
That is a drawback. If it rains or you run through mud it will end up on the bike just like any other towed vehicle. I suppose someone could bungee a cover to the bike but we have hauled ours quite a few times without any dings or any other damage. Same as when we are towing our car on a dolly. The beauty of the Stinger is that it folds up can be stored on your site out of the way.
Bob is right, IronHorse makes some nice trailers, (open and closed), I just don't know the cost difference. The Stinger runs about $2000 which includes the spare. I also don't like to store my towing device anyplace other than the site I am at. We looked at everything. including hydraulic lifts, single wheel trailers, but settled for what we have. The ease of unloading, maneuvering, and storing, plus the negligible weight of the trailer is what sold us on it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum