Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2020, 11:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 32.1
State: Oklahoma
THOR #905
Curb weight of Aria 3401

I've searched the net and spec sheets, but can't find the UVW (curb weight) of the Aria 3401. I find the GVWR and the GCVR, bur not the dry weight. Trying to figure out the cargo carrying capacity of the coach. Anyone know what that weight is? Thanks.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:11 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
I can't help you exactly, but it should compare somewhat to our 3901. The 3401 is lighter and has less GVWR, but our 3901 loaded, and I do mean loaded (full fuel, water, propane, 5 passengers, tools, blackstone 36" grill/griddle, compartments loaded to the gills, and my wife's iron stone dishes) still comes in under the GVWR for the 3401. I still have nearly 3500 lbs capacity.
Mike
Old 06-11-2020, 01:02 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
unlike travel trailers, they don't state such a 'dry weight' - you must weigh your coach to know for sure, since you are actually 'part' of the weight when you are traveling - people, fuel, water, stuff, food, etc. I doubt you'd be anywhere close to the GVWR.

I don't think you'll have any issue with all the 'stuff' you may want to include in your travels, but it will certainly impact what weight you can 'tow', for a tow vehicle, whether 4-down, or on a tow dolly, or on a trailer. Thor typically provides a substantially overrated Hitch capacity, though you may find that after you subtract your true 'loaded' weight from the GCVR, you'll not have near the hitch's weight rating to use, though plenty for most any 4-down vehicle. Tow dollies and trailers add extra weight, and also tongue weight, which can be much different.

Our Palazzo comes with a 10,000lb hitch rating, which is great, but after removing the true loaded weight of the coach from the GCVR, we have about 4,500lbs of towable capacity. Our Fiesta or Focus fits just fine within that limit, and we don't even know it's there - over 100,000 miles towed, averaging 11.4 while towing, and 12.4mpg when not.

Enjoy : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If there is one close by on. a dealers lot take a look at the yellow sticker generally affixed to the screen door and that will give you the OCCC. If there isn't one close by some dealers take a picture of that sticker and post it with an ad when the model is for sale.

You can also call or email Thor and ask them the question. A dealer can also provide the info through Thor's dealer app or website.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:03 PM   #5

Model: Aria 3401
State: Arkansas
THOR #12542
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but I can tell you that our 2018 Aria 3401 is over one thousand pounds below GVWR even when loaded for travel.

HOWEVER, we are less than 200 pounds below the rear axle weight rating of 20K. We're looking at ways to balance the load better.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:41 AM   #6

THOR #905
Thanks for your responses. We typically don't carry that much weight in our Miramar, but are looking at the Aria for the future. We currently tow a Honda CRV on a Demco dolly and want to make sure we have enough lee way to continue towing our car. Sounds like the best option is to find the yellow sticker. Because the 3401 seems to be in demand, there aren't any at a nearby dealer. If someone happens to be near their coach and can find the info on their sticker, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again for all of your help!
Old 06-13-2020, 12:50 AM   #7

Model: Aria 3401
State: Arkansas
THOR #12542
I finally found the yellow sticker on our 2018 Aria 3401 (built on June 2017) - on the inside of the screen door toward the bottom - NOT where I expected it to be.

Passengers and cargo are not to exceed 5106 pounds.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:24 AM   #8

THOR #905
Thanks so much for looking that up for me.