Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2015, 12:58 AM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: West Virginia
THOR #1408
Toilet Issue on 34.2

We picked up our 34.2 in Feb. We have since logged about 13 camping trips of 2 to 5 days. Since there was no local dealer, we purchased the Miramar from a dealer about 5 hours away. Next month it goes back for a visit with a list of warranty repairs. The most pressing repair issue is the toilet. It needs to be snaked on every camping trip. The pipe appears to be a series of tight s-curves. Too tight for proper flushing. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:53 AM   #62

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Yes, flush with lots of water!! This design is not very well, it forces you to use a lot of water to get solids and TP across and down to the tank! Not a problem if you are hooked up to sewer drain. If you are dry camping it's a pain, because for 3 or 4 people, we can fill the tank in 2 days!

If you fill the bowl 1/2 to 3/4 full, do your business and flush for a 3 to 4 second count, you won't have any problems!

If the toilet was on the same side as the tank, you wouldn't need to use much water to get stuff into the tank!
Old 10-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #63

State: West Virginia
THOR #1408
Brian442, thanks for the reply. I have tried most everything you suggested multiple times. As you noted, if the rig is not connected at a full hook up site, the black tank is full in a short time. Terrible design. It unfortunate, since we like the basic Miramar design.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #64

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Colorado
THOR #2742
Love our Miramar 34.2, but am disappointed with the QC. Bought our RV in July, and we are still dealing with a few issues. Our slide needs adjustment, USB ports in the bedroom don't work. Same thing for the main driver console - I looked behind the console and the USB ports/lighter plug are not even connected. We have a leak in the shower still under investigation. I repaired a few other minor issues. Otherwise, very happy with the unit!
Old 10-22-2015, 03:30 AM   #65

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin54 View Post
Brian442, thanks for the reply. I have tried most everything you suggested multiple times. As you noted, if the rig is not connected at a full hook up site, the black tank is full in a short time. Terrible design. It unfortunate, since we like the basic Miramar design.
I just looked at some repair orders from the dealer, it appears on one of the repair attempts, they stated there was some rough edges in the drain pipe they had to smooth out?!?

You may have your dealer take a peak in there and see if they notice anything!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:17 AM   #66

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #1495
Well we just love our 34.2

Had ours for 7 months now and have been away almost 5 months and we can't be happier. We've had absolutely no problems at all except for the toilet plumbing which we have gotten use to. Have to say we really love this machine and would buy another one in a heartbeat!! The thing is, you have to understand that you have to fix some small things yourself for the price... and stop whining about every little thing that goes wrong.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:04 PM   #67

Model: marimar 34.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #3024
I agree with moonman had ours 3 months 5 trips love it .had windshield wipers go out .They completely replaced every part also transfer switch on gen .put new one on other than that small stuff fix myself add ons safe t plus steering control and super steer rear track bar drives and handles mutch better . Also added stero to out side kitchen hooked to outside speakers didn't like bedroom running outside speakers did all add ons myself not hard
Old 11-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #68

THOR #1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOMAS View Post
I agree with moonman had ours 3 months 5 trips love it .had windshield wipers go out .They completely replaced every part also transfer switch on gen .put new one on other than that small stuff fix myself add ons safe t plus steering control and super steer rear track bar drives and handles mutch better . Also added stero to out side kitchen hooked to outside speakers didn't like bedroom running outside speakers did all add ons myself not hard
Hi Thomas, I did the exact same thing adding the safe T Plus and an additional rear track bar before I even picked it up. Total Value had it installed at a Ford certified place up the street from them. Drove it home from Indiana to Boston and had a blast. First time driving an RV of any kind!

I love this thing so far and we're planning a trip from Boston to Phoenix next year so we'll see how well it stays together.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:13 PM   #69

THOR #3024
love mine too and good luck on AZ trip are you towing my toad is a 2015 Cherokee trail hawk and it has no problem going up hills and stops great I put invisa brake on jeep and use road master tow bar hook up in 3 minutes
Old 11-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #70

State: Florida
THOR #3046
I live in Florida and getting ready to order my 34.2 from Total Value RV. Are there any disadvantages to buying from a dealer 1200 miles away?
Old 11-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #71

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Purchased ours from Total Value and haven't regretted it in the least. Good family owned business who do their best to take care of your needs. Picked us up at the airport, provided a good informational walk thru, took care of the minor issues we found, let us take it on a test drive before signing the check, let us camp on their property overnight to familiarize our self with everything and finished taking care of some things right away the next morning. Ivan, one of the family owners, even loaned us a car at no cost to drive and view the campus of Notre Dame while we waited for them to fix some of the things we found.

Really can't think of any disadvantages in buying from them being that distant but a sure advantage is that the coach only has a few miles on it (about 30) if you buy new, so you are the ones driving it to your destination and not someone who delivers it to a dealership miles away and may not drive it with the care that you would.

Best of luck with your purchase.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #72

THOR #3024
I would agree its about price and convenience I almost bought 650 miles away but dealer local matched price .make sure of options should only be 4 double pain windows ,fire place ,full body paint and outside kitchen mine had all 4, full body paint was a must for me.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #73

THOR #3024
correction 3 the kitchen is standard now you did get shelving in place of kitchen but I don't see that on 2016
Old 11-16-2015, 12:14 AM   #74

THOR #1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
I live in Florida and getting ready to order my 34.2 from Total Value RV. Are there any disadvantages to buying from a dealer 1200 miles away?
We bought ours from Total Value and they made it a breeze for me. Stayed at their place and tested everything out then drove it back to Boston for a total of 1000 miles. First time I ever drove an RV and had a complete blast!! So glad I had them install a Safe-T-Steering as it helped when big rigs were passing me. Also, the day I drove home the winds were so strong when I stopped for gas my hat blew off and I had to chase it 30 or 40 feet, But the Miramar drove really nice. If I buy another one I'd go right back to Total RV in Indiana.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:45 AM   #75

State: Arizona
THOR #2213
Plenty!!!! We have a 2015 Thor Miramar
Large slide motors replaced. TWICE
ENTRANCE STEPS REPLACED
Windshield washer motor replaced
Water running in with slide in
Refrigerator & Freezer Doors replaced
Several construction issues inside
Sewage order!!! ONLY 1 vent.
Bathroom sink drains into Black tank.

This is only a partial list.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:30 AM   #76

State: Florida
THOR #943
I hear ya rackman,
Sounds like our night mare.
BTW Our windshield washer motor has been replaced three times.
The only thing we have not had done that you mentioned is the refrigerator and freezer doors replaced.
I won't list all of our issues we have had since we have owned this Thorn.
Good luck with all your repairs.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #77

State: Maryland
THOR #2918
fantastic vent install

Hey Everyone I hope someone is still around since I haven't seen any new posts in a while. I was wondering if anyone has installed a Fantastic vent on their 34.2 and if they were successful in finding a 12volt source that didn't require the lights being on for the fan to work. My overheads are on a switch by the door so to bridge off of that would require light for the fan to work. Thanks
Old 04-06-2016, 06:05 PM   #78
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
Hey Everyone I hope someone is still around since I haven't seen any new posts in a while. I was wondering if anyone has installed a Fantastic vent on their 34.2 and if they were successful in finding a 12volt source that didn't require the lights being on for the fan to work. My overheads are on a switch by the door so to bridge off of that would require light for the fan to work. Thanks
Where within the coach are you thinking about installing the Fantastic Vent? If it is in one of the standard locations you may try calling Thor and asking if there is a stubbed out power source installed in the ceiling.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #79

THOR #2918
Dave there only two vents in the Miramar. One of course in the latrine (already powered) and the other in the living area which is only a pop-up vent and when removing the inside cover the only thing visible is a four sided metal frame the existing vent adheres to from the roof. Nice construction but doesn't allow for any exploration of the surrounding area. So I guess I'll give Thor a try. Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #80

THOR #2918
Update...called Thor. There is no wiring/power stubbed out in the ceiling for the installation of a Fantastic vent. So if anyone has any experience installing one I'm all ears. Thanks