Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2022, 01:58 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablunk View Post
We have the 2018 Ace 30.4. Ours ins w State Farm is nearly $2000. Plus, we have home and cars w them. I may need to get Quotes from others.
We also have State Farm for home and cars but their quote for the RV when we bought it was ridiculously high. We got a much better quote from Good Sam's National General and went with them They even recommended insuring the MH and TOAD with the same company so you only had a single deductible in case both were damaged in an accident. Their quote for the TOAD was also cheaper than State Farm and we have not had any major price increase for 5 years.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 03:01 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
We have everything insured through State Farm the house, cars,shop, 4 wheelers, boat and motor home, only had 1 claim for mh when the windshield got broken when parked in a stone parking lot when someone did a doughnut and threw stones, it is the big one piece on a class a, I told our agent I wouldn’t accept any after market windshield because aftermarket ones always leak because they aren’t as thick as original and bill was 5k only cost us our deductible, we also took the extended warranty when we purchased it, I before the extended warranty expired we took it to lazy days Rv in Elkhart and had issue with the engine a/c not working, a level leg was leaking, roof sat dish quit working, front electric blind quit working, the bird wasn’t charging off the engine, all was fixed without any warranty problems so for us the extended warranty did cost more than the repairs but not by much.
We had small crack in the lower black band of windshield, it must have been caused by a small stone or pebble. Our RV Policy comes with $0 Deductible on Windshield. We could have got the OEM glass but it was going to be $1,200 upcharge for us. I don't know if it is true, but one of the glass companies told me for our coach, the OEM windshield and what they sell is standard.

My auto insurance treats the RV / Boat & Motorcycles as separate even if I tried to with one of th Big 3 Insurance companies.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 03:42 AM   #23

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
I am using Progressive for my home, Auto, and RV and I currently have Diamond status. My 1996 Tiffin Allegro cost just under $300.00 / year. Jumped up to just under $900.00 / year when I sold the Allegro and replaced it with the Thor ACE 30.3. New motorhome valued at about 10 times the value of the old one yet only paying 3 times more for the insurance.

I can't complain about Progressive at all even after the Derecho in August 2020 I had nearly $40,000.00 dollars damage to my house, but I was treated well by progressive. The repairs have been completed with no drama from Progressive. I even got enough from Progressive to cover removing 11 downed trees, none were on the house but were in the way for getting the other repairs completed. A lot of people did have problems with insurance other than Progressive. The only hold up in getting my house repaired had to do with supply chain issues caused by Covid 19 and the demand for siding and roofing materials caused by the sheer number of damaged homes. There are still homes and apartment buildings that have yet to be fully repaired.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 06:46 AM   #24

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
We had small crack in the lower black band of windshield, it must have been caused by a small stone or pebble. Our RV Policy comes with $0 Deductible on Windshield. We could have got the OEM glass but it was going to be $1,200 upcharge for us. I don't know if it is true, but one of the glass companies told me for our coach, the OEM windshield and what they sell is standard.

My auto insurance treats the RV / Boat & Motorcycles as separate even if I tried to with one of the Big 3 Insurance companies.
To elaborate, they were saying for my coach, there was one glass mfg and that mfg made the one piece windshields for my coach, but labeled for WBGO as OEM, but for Coach Glass after market. Point being design specifications for my specific coach were the exact same. I didn't care to pay $1,200 to have WBGO on lower left corner of glass when the glass was otherwise 100% free. If I were to really believe they were made differently, I could argue the coach glass ( 2 years & counting ) has withstood chips from small pebble stones 6 times as long as the OEM (4 months)
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 11-04-2022, 06:54 AM   #25

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
I am using Progressive for my home, Auto, and RV and I currently have Diamond status. My 1996 Tiffin Allegro cost just under $300.00 / year. Jumped up to just under $900.00 / year when I sold the Allegro and replaced it with the Thor ACE 30.3. New motorhome valued at about 10 times the value of the old one yet only paying 3 times more for the insurance.
Getting Diamond is not easy to do and you definitely have preferred rates. I am sitting at Gold, I got letter with my renewal saying one more year (claim free) and I make Diamond.

The 1st two years our rates dropped big time, less than 1/2. That was a real surprise because we bought in Nov 2019 and two renewals later while we were paying half of the original premium, the RV value had doubled due to demand, inflation and other things. This year it corrected and went up about 25% but still only about 2/3rds of my original premium.
Old 11-04-2022, 02:02 PM   #26

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
All I can say is what freightliner engineers have told us is after many complaints about windshields leaking after a aftermarket windshield replacement was that they tested every aspect of a/m against a Oem and found the a/m windshields were a few mm thinner and don’t fill the rubber gasket as tight as a Oem which is why they were leaking, and yes most installers use a windshield sealer/ adhesive, but my point to our agent was if the cheaper windshield leaks and ruins the cabinets and ceiling a year later that cost would be much more than a Oem replacement, she agreed.
Old 11-04-2022, 02:25 PM   #27

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
All I can say is what freightliner engineers have told us is after many complaints about windshields leaking after a aftermarket windshield replacement was that they tested every aspect of a/m against a Oem and found the a/m windshields were a few mm thinner and don’t fill the rubber gasket as tight as a Oem which is why they were leaking, and yes most installers use a windshield sealer/ adhesive, but my point to our agent was if the cheaper windshield leaks and ruins the cabinets and ceiling a year later that cost would be much more than a Oem replacement, she agreed.
I could see that with a very common highly reused design from Freightliner as we know we have aftermarket for most popular cars. I was referring to RV and in particular my model, they don't make a lot of them and stock is short. But I didn't know this until I was in the market and needed one. Logic was to go after the OEM, but with some research I learned they came from same place and had EXACT same glass design specifications. Lippert System 3rd Party arm for Progressive's RV Glass Claims and Coach Glass all confirmed. I don't recall the exact specifics but I am pretty sure I have lifetime warranty for leaks. It has been two years and thus far all is well knock on wood.
Old 11-04-2022, 02:31 PM   #28

Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
THOR #28393
Progressive got us the best rate for our Ace
29G.
Old 02-12-2023, 06:05 PM   #29

Model: Sequence 20L
State: Illinois
THOR #28919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman12 View Post
Progressive got us the best rate for our Ace
29G.

Same for our class b sequence.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:31 PM   #30

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCaines View Post
We have just purchased our Thor Windsport and are looking for recommendations for Insurance companies. Also want to find out about Extended Service Plans and Roadside Assistance
Thank you
We have Progressive through USAA.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 10:56 PM   #31

Model: Tuscany
THOR #1808
insurance rates are pretty fluid and spread out
we have had texas farm bureau since 2010
great folks