Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2017, 03:06 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 433
THOR #8012
Think they installed wrong Safe T Plus on my ACE 30.3

Ok, so I had my RV in getting setup for towing, CHF done (since they already had it on a rack), Safe T Plus installed and a few other things.

I had sent them a picture of the ford placcard and told them the model of coach, and they supposedly called someone (not sure if it was a distributor or Safe T Plus).

Anyway, my gut told me I should double check which one they ordered. Instead, I didn't, but had looked last night and as I read the chart, the ACE 30.3 should get a tan Safe T Plus.

After picking up my ACE, I took it to a truck alignment shop and I mentioned that it was on and looked and saw a red one. The red one 140 seems to be listed for F53 class C's.

I guess I'll call Safe T Plus tomorrow, but if it has to be changed, I'm not happy, as not only is it an hour and a half each way, but also they didn't have it setup perfect and the alignment guys are the ones that fine tuned it (it was pulling to the left after the RV shop installed).

Good news is that the CHF and alignment really feel nice. I was still getting a little push from passing Semi's, and I wonder if that is due to having the 140 vs 180 Safe T Plus installed.
__________________

__________________
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:03 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
Posts: 1,330
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Ok, so I had my RV in getting setup for towing, CHF done (since they already had it on a rack), Safe T Plus installed and a few other things.

I had sent them a picture of the ford placcard and told them the model of coach, and they supposedly called someone (not sure if it was a distributor or Safe T Plus).

Anyway, my gut told me I should double check which one they ordered. Instead, I didn't, but had looked last night and as I read the chart, the ACE 30.3 should get a tan Safe T Plus.

After picking up my ACE, I took it to a truck alignment shop and I mentioned that it was on and looked and saw a red one. The red one 140 seems to be listed for F53 class C's.

I guess I'll call Safe T Plus tomorrow, but if it has to be changed, I'm not happy, as not only is it an hour and a half each way, but also they didn't have it setup perfect and the alignment guys are the ones that fine tuned it (it was pulling to the left after the RV shop installed).

Good news is that the CHF and alignment really feel nice. I was still getting a little push from passing Semi's, and I wonder if that is due to having the 140 vs 180 Safe T Plus installed.
Okay, I'm curious. Can you give me an example of a Class C with a F53 chassis?
__________________

__________________
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
Posts: 270
THOR #8606
Had a SafeTplus installed on my rig 2 weeks ago. Before I left to drive an hour home, I asked Service Writer if shop test drove my rig which he asked shop mgr. and was told yes. As soon as I drove not even 1 mile away, my rig was pulling very hard to the left wanting to cross the center divider when I took my hands off steering wheel on flat drive road doing 45 mph. Took back and had shop mgr. drive it while I went with him. Took 4 times to test drive and adjust to get it to steer straight and stop straight when applying brakes. AND I WAS TOLD THEY TEST DROVE IT????? NO F-ING WAY DID THEY TEST DRIVE IT. The quality of work in this shop does not impress me one bit. Beware: C.W. Burlington WA. repair shop. If anyone uses them, check, double check and triple check to make sure things are done correctly. To give me my R.V. back like this was totally crap and not cheap work either. If I was physically capable to do this install I would have but partially handicapped.
__________________
steve76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 433
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
Had a SafeTplus installed on my rig 2 weeks ago. Before I left to drive an hour home, I asked Service Writer if shop test drove my rig which he asked shop mgr. and was told yes. As soon as I drove not even 1 mile away, my rig was pulling very hard to the left wanting to cross the center divider when I took my hands off steering wheel on flat drive road doing 45 mph. Took back and had shop mgr. drive it while I went with him. Took 4 times to test drive and adjust to get it to steer straight and stop straight when applying brakes. AND I WAS TOLD THEY TEST DROVE IT????? NO F-ING WAY DID THEY TEST DRIVE IT. The quality of work in this shop does not impress me one bit. Beware: C.W. Burlington WA. repair shop. If anyone uses them, check, double check and triple check to make sure things are done correctly. To give me my R.V. back like this was totally crap and not cheap work either. If I was physically capable to do this install I would have but partially handicapped.
The only thing I'll say in the defense of the guys installing mine, is that he knew I was going to an alignment shop, and we were running very late, because when they ordered the Safe T Plus, they didn't order a bracket, so instead of installing it yesterday, they didn't have UPS arrive until 1:00 and I was supposed to be picking it up at 12:30.

So, he said that it was off a bit, but that the alignment shop could fix it. The alignment shop said they pretty much always had to adjust the steering stabilizers.
__________________
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:20 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 433
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Okay, I'm curious. Can you give me an example of a Class C with a F53 chassis?
I'm not aware of any, but that's what they list on Safe T Plus site. However, they also clearly say V10 and 31-37' get the red model (180).
__________________
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×