Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2022, 07:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #27581
Thor Tuscany 2023 40RT night time issues

Finally drove the new coach at night for the first time and the headlights are pathetic. Can’t see a dang thing and high beam is useless. So the question is, what options are out there to upgrade the lights to something we can actually see the road with?

Secondly the rear camera works great but as soon as the sun went down you couldn’t see anything. It looks like it’s got some kind of IR lights on it and when they turn in they are reflecting right back into the lens. At first I thought it was water or a spider web, so we stopped and I used my washing brush to scrub the lens, got back in and it made zero difference. Anyone else experienced that and got suggestions on what causes it and how to fix if? I do plan to have the dealer take a look when I take it in. Attached is a photo of what it looks like on the dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C90A46FE-692A-4218-84A2-2359DAE9C95B.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	39273  

Old 08-28-2022, 07:35 PM   #2

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
My Tuscany is 7 years older, and the bright lights work great however the low beam are very weak. So, no help there at all.

Many folks have upgraded headlights but typically to LED. You should already have LED unless there has been a manufacturing change.

My cameral also works at night and especially well with the docking lights on. I typically try to be off the road and camped prior to sundown. Without any lights on except for the very bright Tuscany dual set of rear lights I can see the Towed very well.

Hopefully someone with a newer rig can help you out as apparently there have been some changes.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:46 AM   #3

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Mine has a setting which adjusts automatically for daylight vs night. Check out the manual, my guess is it just a matter of a setting.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 11:54 PM   #4

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Get a ladder and check the camera doesn’t have the protective plastic still on it from the factory. Mine did.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #5

State: North Carolina
THOR #27581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkyte@msn.com View Post
Get a ladder and check the camera doesn’t have the protective plastic still on it from the factory. Mine did.
OMG! That was exactly it! Last time I was checking it was night so I could not see it and I would always forget in the day. Checked this morning and I could see it up there from the ground. lol. Problem solved.
Old 09-03-2022, 02:10 PM   #6

Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
my 2008 tuscany is HORRIBLE to drive at night, the reflective glare on the window and the terrible headlights pretty much make night driving an emergency event only

i have adjusted and cleaned etc and finally gave up. if i adjusted high beam to reach out properly then the low beams were like a movie premier .
i have considered a LED light bar on the roof, but that may be to ummmm ugly