Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-24-2021, 12:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum kw29
State: Tennessee
THOR #20213
tire temps??

setting up my TPS , I know the psi settings but not sure what temp I should set for the high and low. I have a 31' class C, with 16'' tires, thanks.

Old 04-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
With 16 inch tires you are going to be loaded very near the maximum weight per tire front and back. With tires inflated per the load/weight table for your actual weights you will want to watch for difference between tires in the same position on the drive and across the front. Low don't matter all you want to watch is the high or over temperature. Check the manufactures spec sheet for your particular tire and mounting position for the max temp.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Which TPMS? Some have recommendations in their manual.

I have to take any temperature sensor on the end of the valve stem with a grain of salt - mine is easily influenced by the sun shining on one side vs the shaded side.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’d just drive it for a while and watch what the temps actually do. Once you’ve watched what all 6 do over maybe a thousand miles you will know what’s normal and can make a learned decision about when to worry. I was surprised to see how much my pressures and temps change while driving.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:57 PM   #5
CDA

Model: Palazzo 33.6
State: California
THOR #23007
Interesting thread - I can change the TPMS on my Jeep but I am not aware of changing it on my Coach. Took it out after purchase and my TPMS kept coming on when tires reached 120psi with the high pressure warning. Never a temp warning. but the weird thing is my front left PSI always said 136 and never gave me a warning. Also when the tires dropped below 120 (on same trip), the light would go off. Sometimes the light would go off and I would check the system and all the tires would read 136psi (?). I have the coach in for some other warranty work and having them look into this. Maybe the calibration is off or faulty system.
CDA is offline   Reply With Quote