Yes itís true. I was the recipient of a shattered kitchen window. I emailed Thor 2 weeks ago and in Thor fashion... no response. LOL. Like I expected anything else.
My suspicion is the kids next door but no cam to prove it.
So plan ďBĒ
I got a piece of acrylic from McMaster Carr ($42) and with some cutting from one of my techs (shout out to Tom) itís installed.
Some issues along the way. Getting the old rubber adhesive off the mounting pieces... dremel and wire wheel. I used automotive 3M adhesive to mount the acrylic on the original mounting pieces. Getting the pieces out to clean them was a bit tricky. The vent from the stove is in the way to the right and the dining window to the left. Open the dining window to slide the top hinged piece to the left. (If you have to reinstall a new window and itís mounted to the hinge youíd have to remove the dining window to slide it in)
When reinstalling the top hinge itís held centered by two tiny screws that donít allow it to slide right or left. But centered turned out to be 7/8Ē off center... thanks Thor. Luckily I figured it out before I mounted the acrylic to the adhesive. I let it set (open) for a day in the sun to help cure the adhesive. Our upcoming trip later this week will be the test. Iíll comment after I get back.