Originally Posted by donieBee
I'm fairly new to this forum and i wanted to ask you how do you like your Thor Axis i'm really considering purchasing one. I wanted to know about power? and what you like and don't like about the RUV. thanks.
We love our Axis! That said, there are things we are doing to it to personalize it to our taste and wants. We are 1st time RV owners and we are embracing the lifestyle! There's a lot of posts in the forums to help you make your RV decision.
Things to think about
- its not a car/suv
- there will be cosmetic things you won't care much about and in time you may choose to ignore them
- you will want to customize things (such as; shower heads, sink faucets, couch, dinettes, radios, etc)
- think about what you want to do with the RV. this will help you decide on size and floor plan.
- gas is cheap (at least for now)
- test drive every one your thinking about to make sure your comfortable with it
- what do you want to stow and how big is it
We choose th Axis because of a few "requirements":
- we want to be able to tuck away on BLM land easily (and boondock)
- we wanted something the Mrs. Is comfy driving so we can take turns
- able to move about the cabin more freely
- we wanted something small ton courage us to go outside :-)
- we wanted king size sleeping area to accommodate us and two dogs lol
We wish the Axis had a wee bit more belly storage. But we overcome this by finding stuff that fits. We have to consider size of every purchase (grills, camp chairs, wood, etc.