As my original awning LED strip had multiple browned out or failed emitters when I got it, thought I’d try replacing it.
I used this very cheap and cheerful replacement, thinking if it didn’t work or only lasted a season… no big deal.
It was very easy to do, I just removed the awning tube end cap (supporting the full extended awning on step ladders to carry the weight). Spliced in the new power lead and left the controller box inside the awning tube, feeding the IR sensor and flat connector lead to the outside through the existing hole.
The above replacement is wider than the original but most of it fitted into the channel, at a slight angle and fixed into position with double sided tape. It comes in a soft rectangular silicon tube (not filled with gel that can discolor ) it has 150 white (same as the original) but larger 5050 LED’s and also 150 RGB LED’s.
It will be interesting to see which color attracts the least amount of insects, all I need now is some 70’s music and a disco ball….