Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Replacement for Jenson bluetooth stereo

I have a Chateau 31E, which has the Jenson bluetooth stereo in the rear bedroom. It plays through the speakers in the bedroom and the outdoor speakers. It worked for awhile, but I haven't been able to connect via bluetooth in a long time. I have heard that this is a common problem with this unit.

Do you have a recommendation on another single-DIN unit to replace this? I want something with similar functionality - especially easy bluetooth connectivity, aux inputs, and can drive A/B speakers.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I have a Chateau 31E, which has the Jenson bluetooth stereo in the rear bedroom. It plays through the speakers in the bedroom and the outdoor speakers. It worked for awhile, but I haven't been able to connect via bluetooth in a long time. I have heard that this is a common problem with this unit.

Do you have a recommendation on another single-DIN unit to replace this? I want something with similar functionality - especially easy bluetooth connectivity, aux inputs, and can drive A/B speakers.
I also looked into replacing that one with something with more features. There is one that plays blueray or DVD i think.
You should factory reset the device and that should help you restore its bluetooth functionality.
Good luck and please post if you decide to upgrade it.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:08 PM   #3

THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte534j View Post
I also looked into replacing that one with something with more features. There is one that plays blueray or DVD i think.
You should factory reset the device and that should help you restore its bluetooth functionality.
Good luck and please post if you decide to upgrade it.

If I disconnect shore power and the main battery disconnect to remove power for several minutes, does that accomplish a factory reset?
Old 04-15-2021, 06:27 PM   #4

THOR #10717
that wont work. From the JWM10A manual:
RESET: Press BAND/ENTER button (7) reset the to factory default settings. This
function will time out after 5 seconds of inactivity and the unit will resume normal operation.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:42 PM   #5

THOR #5837
Mine is the Jenson JM1A. I did the factory reset and also secured power. When I push and hold the bluetooth button to connect it doesn't show up as an available device on my phone.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:56 PM   #6

THOR #10717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
Mine is the Jenson JM1A. I did the factory reset and also secured power. When I push and hold the bluetooth button to connect it doesn't show up as an available device on my phone.
yeah- these things can be a PITA. I try to search for the BT device via my phone as well, so i wil try to pair via phone and then if that does not work via the device. I dont think the device is broken honestly, but you can always upgrade to the DVD player.