Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2021, 12:52 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FourWinds
State: Ontario
THOR #21045
Good for dog

I did this last year not for the noise but to add floor area for Dawson our 90 lb Golden Doodle. At night we place his bed on it and during travel time we put it in place so he has choice of areas to flake out.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Thanks!! We are going to have to try this!

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:37 PM   #23

Model: outlaw 37rb
State: California
THOR #5223
Safety Concerns

Critical thinking: consider the safety of adding a plywood cover to the stair well while driving and the need to rapidly exit the vehicle. How easy can ALL occupants remove it in case of emergency exit. Can it become a hazard or airborne when rapidly stopping. Could it get dropped and wedged into the stair well, creating an exit obstruction. Consider the mobility limits of every passenger.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:05 PM   #24

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustin View Post
Critical thinking: consider the safety of adding a plywood cover to the stair well while driving and the need to rapidly exit the vehicle. How easy can ALL occupants remove it in case of emergency exit. Can it become a hazard or airborne when rapidly stopping. Could it get dropped and wedged into the stair well, creating an exit obstruction. Consider the mobility limits of every passenger.
This is true. Unless we have a rollover this cover is not going anywhere.... Wedged in Very tight.

I can jump out just fine then pop it up in 2 - 3 seconds to make way for my wife. I might attach a rope to one end and loop aorund the screen door handle to make it easier to remove (so I dont have to bend over).

I think If we had another passenger we not install this cover until parked for the night.

But I glad you pointed this out.... it may not be for everyone.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote