Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.5
State: North Carolina
THOR #8796
Okay, here's the dumb question of the day. What's CHF stand for? I'm an old CV nurse and I know what it means in medical terms but I can't figure it out in the RV world.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
THOR #7351
Used info given in post #12,#16 and #18

The goodyeaar list gives 2 245/70R19.5 used the one with the cross wich gave at the bottom after 2006 so the other one with 100 psi in G-load is to my opinion a miscalculation wich was corrected with the tires with the cross. Whatever I used the new tires after 2006 in my made calculator , and it gave Front 74psi and drive 64psi. The trailertires on your weightslip is probably tag-axle, but correct me if wrong. But then this tag if same tires need only 51 psi with all the reserve.

My pressures are with 10% reserve added to the load, so certainly not at the low side and calculation comes to higher pressure then that used for the lists.

This means that the bad comfort could yust be solved with lowering the pressure.
Tires list also gave maxspeed 75mph so dont drive faster, otherwise chance on overheating the tires.

If Tag-axle, you can probably influence the weightdivision, with putting more pressure on the suspension of the tag-axle. Then more weight on tag and front, and less on drive.

What are the GAWR's of the 3 axles. The front could use more weight, once read advice to keep at least 30% of total weight on front axle.
Mayby only counts for 2 axle vehicles.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:36 PM   #23

Model: ACE 27.2
State: California
THOR #14923
Are the Sumo Springs a tough install on the front of an ACE 27.2? How about the Roadmaster rear sway bar(track bar already installed).
Old 04-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #24

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by richguess View Post
Are the Sumo Springs a tough install on the front of an ACE 27.2? How about the Roadmaster rear sway bar(track bar already installed).

Front Sumos on an F53 is pretty easy. Just need a couple of wrenches and maybe an hour or so. I did it on my 18,000lb chassis. FWIW, my wife couldn’t tell the difference and I thought the difference was very slight and certainly not worth the $500 cost. On my current coach I’m doing he CHF because it’s “C” and adding a steering stabilizer because I already have it from the previous coach. I think I’ve just driven the chassis enough that I’ve gotten used to it and don’t have any issues.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:39 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #15296
Chf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Better Late than Never View Post
Okay, here's the dumb question of the day. What's CHF stand for? I'm an old CV nurse and I know what it means in medical terms but I can't figure it out in the RV world.
Here’s a Wikipedia link to what it might be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHF

I like “Cold Hard Facts“.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #26

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
As a data point, I have a class C, which would wander on the highway and get pushed around a lot by semis passing. I installed big Hellwig swaybars and a Saf-T-Plus steering controller, plus got a good alignment, and these helped a ton. I then noticed that it felt wallowy and mushy (technical terms) going over undulating pavement, so I replaced the stock shocks with Bilstein HD shocks. This got rid of that wallowy feeling and I think improved the ride and handling a little bit.

So, for me the swaybars and steering controller made a very big difference and the shocks helped a little bit.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #27

Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #10201
$ You will never see it again

We have done everything, springs, sway bars, and air bags ..... you bet our 24.1 rides as close to a Cadillac as you can get a house on wheels to ride. We have done just about every up grade thats been listed on this site. Thanks to all of you by the way for all the threads with all the ideas. Duckface thanks, the gutters are by far one of the best things. The only thing we haven’t touched yet are the mattresses and that is next on the list as soon as this stay at home stuff goes away. My point in all of this is we decided to look for a slightly bigger ride and talking to the sale dept we found out no matter what you do to yours they are only going to give you a fraction of what its worth. You will never get your money back out of it even if you sell it yourself. The thing is you dont buy one for the investment because its not one, you buy it for the fun. So when determining what your going to do you need to decided what kind of money you want to spend and how important it is to you. We wanted a great ride, we got a good ride. We wanted comfort in the furniture and after replacing the couch with theater seating, we got comfort. We wanted our motorhome to start every time we turned the key so new batteries, a disconnect switch, better charger, better converter, new fuses and such our coach fires up every time. We built new tables for the new theater seating. We replaced the tires added a tire monitor. Sound proofed the doghouse, engine compartment, under captains chairs. Built new console over doghouse to hold drinks. I recovered all the valances with something more to my liking. We had the captains chairs recovered in marine grade vinyl and had them reworked so they sit like they are suppose to, and im sure some more thing I haven’t mentioned. But you know what? We now have a coach that rides great, is very comfortable, and safer than it ever was. We will keep it for quit awhile and enjoy it every time we step foot in it. It’s small but we like it. We can go anywhere and get in parking lots easy and park without taking up too much space. Biggest this is its small enough we cant disagree on anything, no where to stomp off to So if this is not a faze do as much as you can, go as much as you can, and enjoy it as much as you can.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #28

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Bldcop,

This is exactly to the smallest word my opinion on an rv.
It's a kit. You make it yours.
I'm glad Thor gave me a couch until I find the seats I like so I could make some desicions as to MY COMFORT LEVEL AND NOT CORPORATES VIEW OF MY COMFORT.

We couldn't be happier with ours.
It sounds the same of you and yours.
Happy is the path we chose.

A link to the mentioned gutters is in signature thread. It's not what you think it is.
It's somewhere between post 100 and 125.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote