Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maine
Posts: 28
THOR #13246
New Member and an RV Idiot

I've been trying to find the fuse box for headlights and the dash. All information said it was in a storage compartment under the driver's seat. I couldn't find it anywhere, nothing under the seat!! While packing for a trip I opened the "exterior storage compartment under the driver's window", There it was!!!
__________________

__________________
redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 5,051
THOR #7035
In which coach?
__________________

__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maine
Posts: 28
THOR #13246
AXIS 25.3 I found it finally!
__________________
redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:44 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mr Sunshine's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Vegas 25.2
State: Florida
Posts: 2,194
THOR #1589
Hey, don't feel bad. There are so many things on our RVs that are not what or where you would expect.

New Vegas and Axis owners will find value in Ed Felker's excellent crowd-sourced manual: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html It's a sticky under the Tech Topics section.

Owners of all Thor coaches can call Thor and request all the schematics available for your specific coach.

Bring your questions here, there is an abundance of knowledge and expertise here on the forum.
__________________
Bad decisions make great stories!
Mr Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #5
Member
 
Bucket List Inn's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Michigan
Posts: 95
THOR #13168
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift View Post
I've been trying to find the fuse box for headlights and the dash. All information said it was in a storage compartment under the driver's seat. I couldn't find it anywhere, nothing under the seat!! While packing for a trip I opened the "exterior storage compartment under the driver's window", There it was!!!

Welcome RedShift. Glad you found your fuse box. Learning where everything is in a new unit is always exciting...or should I say frustrating.
__________________
Bucket List Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:17 AM   #6
Member
 
Bucket List Inn's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Michigan
Posts: 95
THOR #13168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Hey, don't feel bad. There are so many things on our RVs that are not what or where you would expect.

New Vegas and Axis owners will find value in Ed Felker's excellent crowd-sourced manual: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html It's a sticky under the Tech Topics section.

Owners of all Thor coaches can call Thor and request all the schematics available for your specific coach.

Bring your questions here, there is an abundance of knowledge and expertise here on the forum.
I don't mean to hijack the post but Mr Sunshine can you share how to get the schematics for specific Thor Models? Thanks!
__________________
Bucket List Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:24 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 763
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Owners of all Thor coaches can call Thor and request all the schematics available for your specific coach.
Does Thor charge for this service? Do you think one could make the same request for unit they are considering to buy? The dealerships seem clueless on questions.
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29VE w/Magellan Tent
Safe T Plus EC-30 AGS
Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi EX7300; H/W Heater & Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #8
Member
 
Bucket List Inn's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Michigan
Posts: 95
THOR #13168
Hi dkoldman, If you go to the Thor Motor Coach web site click on the Owner Icon on the top of the page. Scroll down to the Customer Care Icon. On the next page you can pick your model. It will then display a list of general schematics.
Hope this helps!
__________________
Bucket List Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #9
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 5,051
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Owners of all Thor coaches can call Thor and request all the schematics available for your specific coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket List Inn View Post
I don't mean to hijack the post but Mr Sunshine can you share how to get the schematics for specific Thor Models? Thanks!
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 763
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket List Inn View Post
Hi dkoldman, If you go to the Thor Motor Coach web site click on the Owner Icon on the top of the page. Scroll down to the Customer Care Icon. On the next page you can pick your model. It will then display a list of general schematics.
Hope this helps!
I think I got it? This is a wealth of information and very impressive to me. I have read a number critical of documentation, but I am use to having to pay $100s of dollars to get anywhere similar to the same. For me, it says I can read up and not be totally dependent upon some dealer.

Note: When I clicked on Customer Care it asked for my personal information on next page to send to Thor? I looked around and saw "Owner Manuals" on page after Owner Icon. Then I could select my Brand.

Assuming I got all of the right information (5 manuals & and one nice picture of the RV) I wish to thank you for your help in pointing me to this information. For this I give A+ to Thor Motor Coach & this Thor Forum.
__________________

__________________
2019 Sunstar 29VE w/Magellan Tent
Safe T Plus EC-30 AGS
Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi EX7300; H/W Heater & Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×