Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2022, 02:59 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34E Hurricane
State: Michigan
THOR #25490
welcome - nice rig!

Old 02-21-2022, 07:07 PM   #22

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
THOR #23243
Welcome and enjoy.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #23

Model: Outlaw 38MB
State: Florida
THOR #18099
General guidance to OP

Yes, the headlights are horrible on many of these F53 RV applications. Many of us have installed LED headlight bulbs. Many brands available, just read the reviews. I did the low beams first and liked it so well I then did the high beams. Not too expensive and a major improvement on night driving safety. You may also need to get them aimed. I adjusted mine up just a hair which also made improvement.
Not sure you asked about handling, but I see some comments. All the things mentioned will help, but I am ashamed to say that I was pessimistic and put off the tire pressure adjustment until the end. I couldn't believe that the 100psi recommended on the door sticker would be too far off. After weighing front and rear, the Michelin chart recommended 85 psi all around. That one adjustment made the single biggest improvement in handling... and it was free!
Windshield wiper noise? It is a glorified UPS truck, so it will never be quiet like a passenger car, but maybe new wiper blades will help... or adjust the arms so they don't hit the edges of the windshield?
Good luck... getting everything the way you want it is a never ending project, but this forum covers about anything you come up with.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:51 PM   #24

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJON View Post
Yes, the headlights are horrible on many of these F53 RV applications. Many of us have installed LED headlight bulbs. Many brands available, just read the reviews. I did the low beams first and liked it so well I then did the high beams. Not too expensive and a major improvement on night driving safety. You may also need to get them aimed. I adjusted mine up just a hair which also made improvement.
Not sure you asked about handling, but I see some comments. All the things mentioned will help, but I am ashamed to say that I was pessimistic and put off the tire pressure adjustment until the end. I couldn't believe that the 100psi recommended on the door sticker would be too far off. After weighing front and rear, the Michelin chart recommended 85 psi all around. That one adjustment made the single biggest improvement in handling... and it was free!
Windshield wiper noise? It is a glorified UPS truck, so it will never be quiet like a passenger car, but maybe new wiper blades will help... or adjust the arms so they don't hit the edges of the windshield?
Good luck... getting everything the way you want it is a never ending project, but this forum covers about anything you come up with.
isn't your tire pressure sticker under the drivers side window?
Old 02-23-2022, 07:57 PM   #25

Model: Outlaw 38MB
State: Florida
THOR #18099
Correction

isn't your tire pressure sticker under the drivers side window?

Yes, it is. Sorry about that.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:12 PM   #26

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Massachusetts
THOR #26005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJON View Post
Thanks for the info. Ive ordered some headlights already. Just did my first oil change today. As for the wiper blades noise it was a constant clicking noise. Im going to put sound dampening on the whole underside and the dog house. I have to check the tire pressure.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:19 PM   #27

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntrinh15 View Post
Thanks for the info. Ive ordered some headlights already. Just did my first oil change today. As for the wiper blades noise it was a constant clicking noise. Im going to put sound dampening on the whole underside and the dog house. I have to check the tire pressure.
If you could pick up a bore scope you could look inside the dash while the wipers are on. The linkage might be hitting something. If it's hitting wires back there it could damage them or something else. Those bore scopes can be used with your cellphone all you need is the cable. I also put pipe insulation over my wiper blades to keep the sun off them. I never take them off unless it's raining
Old 02-23-2022, 10:33 PM   #28

THOR #26005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
If you could pick up a bore scope you could look inside the dash while the wipers are on. The linkage might be hitting something. If it's hitting wires back there it could damage them or something else. Those bore scopes can be used with your cellphone all you need is the cable. I also put pipe insulation over my wiper blades to keep the sun off them. I never take them off unless it's raining
The wiper motor is in the front of the rig. I can see it when i open the hood. Its free and clear of any thing just echos inside the cab
Old 02-23-2022, 11:31 PM   #29

THOR #20274
Quote:
The wiper motor is in the front of the rig. I can see it when i open the hood. Its free and clear of any thing just echos inside the cab
I haven't looked where mine is because it doesn't make noise, I hope you find the noise. You can use that peel and stick sound deadening, mine is very quiet but I'm going to put some on this summer
Old 02-24-2022, 12:12 AM   #30

State: Virginia
THOR #21403
Nice help here.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:18 AM   #31

State: Texas
THOR #10043
Welcome!

4 years ago, bought a new 2017 Thor Windsport and we’re up to almost 60k miles. This was our first MH, and we have experienced something new every trip we’ve made. Don’t expect your learning experiences to be a one & done. Learn basic handyman repairs, carry lots of wire ties in all sizes (Harbor Freight is your friend), basic hand tools, lots of patience, a sense of humor, & whiskey/wine/beer. And gorilla tape.
Like we say on our old biker forums: it’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey (much to the DW’s chagrin). I’ve learned many things on this forum. Cheers to your journey!
Old 02-24-2022, 03:20 AM   #32

Model: Freedon Elite 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #20751
Congrats on the new RV

Welcome to the forum!
We hail from Medford, MA and now down in Alabama.
We installed heavy duty sway bars and a steering stabilizer on our 2018 Freedom Elite 26HE, made a world of difference
Tim
Old 02-24-2022, 04:28 AM   #33

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Well will you use pink stuff or air to winterize?
What should I do
See image
I did the pink stuff twice and it was a major pain in the ass. Not only filling all the lines but then flushing everything, took forever and is expensive. Buy yourself a plug with the air valve, only a couple bucks. You and the wife inside and you outside applying air to the system will only take a few minutes and so easy to fill the lines and no wired smells or taste!!!! Bob Trice
Old 02-24-2022, 11:48 AM   #34

THOR #26005
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnul@timmade.com View Post
Welcome to the forum!
We hail from Medford, MA and now down in Alabama.
We installed heavy duty sway bars and a steering stabilizer on our 2018 Freedom Elite 26HE, made a world of difference
Tim
We plan on taking a trip for April Vacation. Im going to do the CHF and see how it rides. My tire air pressure on the sticker 82 psi. What are you guys running your at?
Old 02-24-2022, 12:26 PM   #35

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
We plan on taking a trip for April Vacation. Im going to do the CHF and see how it rides. My tire air pressure on the sticker 82 psi. What are you guys running your at?
I’m smaller and lighter than you. Run 90 in front. 85 in rears.
Old 02-24-2022, 01:02 PM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to our campfire.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 01:13 PM   #37

THOR #20274
Quote:
If you look up your tires and weight 82 pounds is probably right. Have it weighed at a truck stop. If you put more air in than needed it will ride much harder
Old 02-24-2022, 02:18 PM   #38

Model: 34E Hurricane
State: Michigan
THOR #25490
Nice rig indeed!
Old 02-24-2022, 10:31 PM   #39

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I did the pink stuff twice and it was a major pain in the ass. Not only filling all the lines but then flushing everything, took forever and is expensive. Buy yourself a plug with the air valve, only a couple bucks. You and the wife inside and you outside applying air to the system will only take a few minutes and so easy to fill the lines and no wired smells or taste!!!! Bob Trice

I recently winterized my class A. Did it at an interstate rest stop on my way home to Indiana from a month in Florida. I used a gallon and a half and it took fewer than 15 minutes. Couldn’t be easier. Cost about $6. How is that burdensome? How do you get the water out of your pump with air?
Old 02-24-2022, 10:38 PM   #40

THOR #26005
Ive never winterized a rv but i do it to my camp and im assuming its all the same. I use a electric pump and a 5 gallon bucket until the pink stuff comes out.

However i do notice that it does take a while to clear the whole house of the pink stuff.