Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2020, 11:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24TT
State: Ohio
THOR #17905
2020 Delano Fresh Water

My fresh water gauge reads 33%, just blows air. Had it looked at, was told that do to the position of the sensor that really 33% means empty! WHAT????
So I open the drain valve on the tank and get several gallons of water.........anyone else have this scenario?

Old 08-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #2

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
A wise coworker told me "I'm getting just like everybody else around here, makes me mad when somebody asks me to do my job"

Add water and retest .

RV gauges are very untrustworthy, has the mh been setting for a while wiht water in it? You might have stuff growing on the sensor.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #3

Model: Delano 24TT
State: Ohio
THOR #17905
No it has not been sitting. This has been a problem from purchase. They replaced the WP and said they checked the sensors.
They told me Thor told them that do to the location of the sensor that when it read 33% I should consider it empty..........but as I mentioned there are several gallons of water left when I drain it. When it gets to 33% it sputters and blows a lot of air and the WP will not shut off..............
Old 08-19-2020, 02:24 PM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm seeing something easily adapted to.
Fill it when it's empty no matter what the gauge says.
If you can take a look yourself and see the sensor is misinstalled and educate yourself about it vs the education of the guy working on it, have them move it.

If it won't move, throw away the sensor system and buy an see level 2 sensor system.

There are some things that have to be lived with, some things fixable and some things upgradable.

Until you tell us the sensor and pump intake is drilled into the tank many inches higher than it should/could be, we can't help you. And, we'll need to know if 'several gallons' is 33% of you tank, you need a ratio for us to help you. If yours is a 40 gallon tank then 'several gallons' had better be 13 gallons or very close to it.

And
I'll ALMOST buy their 33% means empty reasoning.
If you parked on a slope your 33% might not be picked up by your pump.

In the mean time, fill more often and use the consideration of how you tank holds 33% less than proposed.

Enjoy your coach.
To me, this isn't worth weeks of wait for an appt and weeks for a tank replacement.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:17 PM   #5

Model: Citation
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
No it has not been sitting. This has been a problem from purchase. They replaced the WP and said they checked the sensors.
They told me Thor told them that do to the location of the sensor that when it read 33% I should consider it empty..........but as I mentioned there are several gallons of water left when I drain it. When it gets to 33% it sputters and blows a lot of air and the WP will not shut off..............
Drain the tank, I'm going to guess the 0% light will not come on.
Check the wire on the 1/3 sensor, if there's one on it.

You should be able to see the output water connection on the tank. Here's ours.
Looking down from top of tank, water output to pump is marked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200819_120703.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	25663  
Old 08-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
THOR #16693
Does it ever indicate "0" or "Empty"? Seems something is either wired up wrong, bad sensor, or air is getting sucked from an open line. There will be a few gallons left in the bottom of the tank after the pump feed starves, but it should have indicated empty before that happens.
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:24 AM   #7

Model: Tiburon 24RW
State: Colorado
THOR #25284
I have a 2022 Tiburon 24RW (same as Delano except for colors).. and on it the water tank is below the driver pullout and is shaped like a long and wide but very short tank. If you look at it, there are only a few inches for sensors. Mine does measure 0 when empty, then filling water, it will jump to 33% when the first sensor is reached, 67% (I think) when the 2nd sensor is reached, I can't remember if it says 100% when overflowing the vent tube (i.e. FULL). It's not gonna be more accurate than that, but it should show that at least.

This is not a Japanese-car-fuel-tank-level-of-sophistication here. Very simple sensors. Take a look at your water tank itself and find the sensors. Empty it, then start filling it and monitor the sensor values - report back to us what you find as it reaches each sensor.
Old 04-13-2023, 02:30 PM   #8

Model: 24FB
State: Florida
THOR #29063
I have the Tiburon 24FB, 2022 model.
trying to figure out the water system, nice to know the 33, and 67% are all you get, dealer did not mention and I filled until it decided to overflow. But why did the over flow come from the passenger side, near the rear tire, when the tank is on the Driver side, just behind the propane tank?
I plan to travel with it at the 33% level, to minimize wehght.

Another problem I am having is the video display in the cab. Its use-less, hard to see and does not swivel or tilt. I am looking into a way to install a swivel bracket, to install between the dash, and screen. Any one know what brand the screen is, I may need a short extension cable.

Other issues, bubble in floor, and roof looks horrible... trying to get them repaired under warranty.