Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2022, 07:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Sewer Hose Storage

After reading standard requirements to segregate all sewer flex hoses and Sani Flush hoses from any other camping hoses. I decided to start dedicating storage compartments based on individual function. This helps speed up the setup and breakdown time when arriving and departing my RV campsite.

One of my compartments near my drain tubes, deals only with the sewer hose storage, and fresh water hose storage. I store a Home Depot bin with my sewer hoses, Sani Flush 5' hose, all my little accessories, i store my Marine grade fresh water hose stacked on top of the sealed box. Never to be interchanged.

I have my dedicated gloves right next to the bin and flex hose extender stand, so there is no searching during my RV setup. I try to hook up all this, as soon as my jacks are down and slide out is extended.

I have done similar bays for Electrical, Jack pads, camping stove etc. I'm sure most Fire Departments follow the same concept.

Pictures below are self explanatory, first go in my 3 sewer hoses, with caps on each end, then my Sani Flush hose. Then into the RV compartment. My Marine grade fresh water hose sits on top of the sealed bin.

Someone at THOR designed these storage areas with these bins in mind. They fit perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-22_15-17-46.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	37620   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-22_15-18-03.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	37621  

Name:	2022-05-22_15-18-13.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	37622  

Old 05-22-2022, 08:12 PM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Good work. I have all my bins also labeled, solar, electrical, propane, towing, sewer hose, potable water hose. The most important thing is keeping black, gray hoses away from any white potable hose. I use disposable gloves.

Good travels.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #3

THOR #22342
Gramps, I will try disposable gloves, good suggestion. I also spray the interior of hoses with a little bleach / bathroom solution prior to storage. Just to keep the germs away.

Do the labels peel off? That would be the ultimate 5S.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022-05-22_17-36-21.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	37623  
Old 05-23-2022, 03:16 AM   #4

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
After a few years of using the plastic bins for dedicated sewer and fresh water hoses, I'm going a different path.

I recently received a gift of three high quality zipper bags designed specifically for storing water hoses, sewer hoses and electric cable.

The impetus is creating storage room for an e-bike. The bins are nice, but just take up too much room in my largest storage compartment. The canvas vinyl lined bags are respectively colored black, blue and yellow, and labeled in large lettering - black, fresh and electric.

My ultimate plan is to install (as many have done) an appropriate sized PVC pipe under the rig with threaded cap for my two Rhino sewer hoses, and keep all the assorted fittings, flush hose, etc. in the bag. Then my two 25' water hoses/fittings/adapters/regulator go in the blue bag; electric cable/adapters and length of coax go in the yellow electric bag. The electric stuff already has its own small dedicated compartment.

Hopefully by using flexible bags I can squeeze them into smaller spaces and still keep them organized and handy. Color coding AND labeling in one package!

P.S. I always carry a jug of bleach - pour some on the campground city water connection for sanitizing before even touching it... you never know "what"was there last...
Old 05-23-2022, 10:58 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
On our old 24.1 there was room under the rear chassis to hang something. I found a post somewhere and duplicated it: I used a plastic fencepost (Home Depot), painted it black, and bolted it to the chassis. Worked like the old hollow bumpers--to keep the hose in I used screw eyes. Lets see if I have pics...

Name:	SewerStorage1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	37632Click image for larger version

Name:	SewerStorage2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	37633

On the new 24.4 the little hatch where the outlet is is larger than on the 24.1. Its big enough that I can stuff the hose into there. Also on the driver's side is a smaller outside cubby (where the outlet is on a 24.1--on the 24.4 they left the hatch and put a small storage area there). This smaller cubby has the washout hose and a short sewer extension--both fit perfectly. (The back area there on the 24.4 has all the tanks and thus no room for a fencepost.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
After a few years of using the plastic bins for dedicated sewer and fresh water hoses, I'm going a different path.

I recently received a gift of three high quality zipper bags designed specifically for storing water hoses, sewer hoses and electric cable.

The impetus is creating storage room for an e-bike. The bins are nice, but just take up too much room in my largest storage compartment. The canvas vinyl lined bags are respectively colored black, blue and yellow, and labeled in large lettering - black, fresh and electric.

My ultimate plan is to install (as many have done) an appropriate sized PVC pipe under the rig with threaded cap for my two Rhino sewer hoses, and keep all the assorted fittings, flush hose, etc. in the bag. Then my two 25' water hoses/fittings/adapters/regulator go in the blue bag; electric cable/adapters and length of coax go in the yellow electric bag. The electric stuff already has its own small dedicated compartment.

Hopefully by using flexible bags I can squeeze them into smaller spaces and still keep them organized and handy. Color coding AND labeling in one package!

P.S. I always carry a jug of bleach - pour some on the campground city water connection for sanitizing before even touching it... you never know "what"was there last...
Our e-bike goes on a rack in the hitch. If we're pulling a car it goes in the hatchback of the car (yeah only have 1 e-bike for now--wife said she didn't want one).
Old 05-24-2022, 12:22 AM   #7

THOR #22342
OH that is sweet, So you took a fence post and installed U clamps to the frame. Now i have to go visit Home Depot...very clever!

I have an 80 gal tank back there, doesn't look like i have enough cross member space..

I started with the flexible bags for the waste tubes, but i always had condensation and wanted the interior of the bag dry. I can now easily wipe the interior of the bins after a few trips.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-07-10_14-59-45.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	37645  
Old 05-24-2022, 12:37 AM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
OH that is sweet, So you took a fence post and installed U clamps to the frame. Now i have to go visit Home Depot...very clever!

I have an 80 gal tank back there, doesn't look like i have enough cross member space..

I started with the flexible bags for the waste tubes, but i always had condensation and wanted the interior of the bag dry. I can now easily wipe the interior of the bins after a few trips.
Yup pretty much--used a threaded rod and bent it around the fence post but otherwise yes. Also used existing holes in the frame so no drilling was required either.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:14 AM   #9

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yup pretty much--used a threaded rod and bent it around the fence post but otherwise yes. Also used existing holes in the frame so no drilling was required either.
Did you get a removable cap to work easily/reliably without coming off? I think I saw the video about the plastic fence post. The only reason I was considering round PVC was the availability of threaded caps.

Edit... I see you used screw eyes.