Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2022, 10:10 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
When we get back off the road and parked in the shop I always extend the awnings to be sure they are bone dry before storing them.

Never leave them rolled up wet very long no matter what you spray on them

I also spray the tops with 303 for UV protection and it pays off in the long run

Also reduces the chance for any staining. Works well on the patio furniture as well.
I bet I rolled it up wet.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:25 AM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Ohio
THOR #8373
Awning Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusplainwacky View Post
I have tried just about cleaning and mold stain removing solutions and I'll be dang if I can get rid of these stains.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachment 39426
I spray it with the awning cleaner by camco, let it sit for a few minutes, then clean with a magic eraser. Gets rid of most stains. Not easy, but works pretty well.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:59 PM   #23

Model: Windsport 32R
State: South Carolina
THOR #17209
Dirty Awning Stain

Another cheap thing to try is a cleaner called "Awesome" found at the dollar store. Comes in a spray bottle for a buck. Spray it on, brush and rinse.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:28 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #13082
Awning Cleaning

I’ve always had excellent results with Soft Scrub.
Old 09-18-2022, 05:44 PM   #25
MLP

THOR #17478
I never leave my awning open for a rain storm or any windy condition. Several days of wind and rain in a row are not safe for an awning. I have seen awnings popped over onto the RV roof by gusts. One even had an auto retract. Could not even go an inch before the gust wrapped that sucker onto the roof. I will clean it when I have time.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #26

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Never tried this on my awing but for the rubber membrane on the roof which is white, I went to a hardware store and bought industrial strength hydrogen peroxide and mix it 50/50 with water spray the roof down wait about 10 min and rinse it off takes almost every stain out without scrubbing and it isn’t caustic like a lot of cleaners, won’t harm paint or glass but I still rinse the whole rig down afterwords.
Works good on concrete as well.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:54 PM   #27

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Nevada
THOR #27334
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
Never tried this on my awing but for the rubber membrane on the roof which is white, I went to a hardware store and bought industrial strength hydrogen peroxide and mix it 50/50 with water spray the roof down wait about 10 min and rinse it off takes almost every stain out without scrubbing and it isn’t caustic like a lot of cleaners, won’t harm paint or glass but I still rinse the whole rig down afterwords.
Works good on concrete as well.
H202 is corrosive to a lot of different materials: https://www.industrialspec.com/image...t-from-ism.pdf

8% seems fairly safe, higher concentrations can attack a lot of different surfaces including SS, Hypalan, epoxy, carbon steel and other materials that may end up on RV's.
widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote