Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #1
RWF

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 36MQ
State: Washington
THOR #15174
Electric brake controller on 14' Tuscany

It is time for me to install an electric brake controller on my 14" Tuscany 36MQ.
I'm looking for wisdom on where to find the wiring. It looks like the rear plug is already wired for it, but I haven't been able to locate the other end of the blue wire. It must be up under the panel somewhere, or possibly near the fuse panel, but I haven't been able to locat it..........

Old 04-19-2020, 01:58 AM   #2

Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #17883
Usually, there will be a connector zip tied or secured under the dash somewhere around the steering column. It won't be hooked to anything but you will notice it has the blue wire that you are looking for.
Do you have the pig tail that hooks into the connector under the dash?

Here is another thread on the same subject but a different model MH.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f9...tor-10820.html
Old 04-19-2020, 02:23 AM   #3
RWF

THOR #15174
Thanks for the info, I haven't purchased the controller yet, just trying to get everything figured out before hand. I spent 15 minutes standing on my head under the panel poking around and didn't find anything. It must be there somewhere. There are a couple blue wires going to the heater, maybe I need to look closer, could be it is tied off next to the heater switch.....
I found an interesting looking controller that is remote, all you do is mount a little rheostat on the panel in a convivnient spot and run the wires to the remote unit that is wired to everything else. Anyone have experiance with that?
Old 04-19-2020, 06:49 PM   #4

Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #17883
I've never used a wireless brake controller but I have read where many people are pleased with them.
I "Think" the Tekonsha Prodigy RF Electronic Brake Control has high reviews but I'm not certain.
I use a Tekonsha wired controller the Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control.
I found the wiring female brake connector plug under my dash pretty easy and ordered the pigtail that hooks between the brake controller and the female plug under the dash.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:12 PM   #5
RWF

THOR #15174
Wow! Thanks, that looks pretty good. If I can't readily find the wiring I will probably go that way........
Old 04-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #6

Model: Mirramar 34.2
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #6138
There is a ready wired connector under the das by the steering column. I got a plug adapter for Ford from some electronic shop. Easy Peary.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:51 PM   #7

Model: Mirramar 34.2
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #6138
Easy Peasy