RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2015, 02:16 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
Posts: 2
THOR #2838
Generator

New to rv just bought last week
Turned on microwave forgot it was on and turned on coffee maker now gerator doesn't kick in any suggestions what do we do ? Still driving on our way home another 12 or more hours
__________________

__________________
My5dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:11 AM   #2
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,915
THOR #1469
Check the circuit breakers and there is also a breaker on the generator. Start there.
__________________

__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:28 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
Posts: 2
THOR #2838
Thanks my husband says its inverter
__________________
My5dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 163
THOR #2366
On some units, the inverters have a circuit breaker that has to be reset manually. If the breakers in the coach and on the generator are okay, check the inverter. You can usually tell, because the outlets near the passenger seat won't work and the driver will. Also, bedroom outlets, tv and Micro won't work.

Fred
__________________
Fred g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #5
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,915
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred g View Post
On some units, the inverters have a circuit breaker that has to be reset manually. If the breakers in the coach and on the generator are okay, check the inverter. You can usually tell, because the outlets near the passenger seat won't work and the driver will. Also, bedroom outlets, tv and Micro won't work.

Fred
As a note to Fred's comment, on my Challenger the passenger's side 110 outlet is not wired to or through the inverter. That outlet only provides power when connected to shore power or when running the generator.

That is one thing I hope to change in the near future because that would enable travelling without having to run the generator to charge the wife's tablet.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:47 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
Posts: 763
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
As a note to Fred's comment, on my Challenger the passenger's side 110 outlet is not wired to or through the inverter. That outlet only provides power when connected to shore power or when running the generator.

That is one thing I hope to change in the near future because that would enable travelling without having to run the generator to charge the wife's tablet.
We have iPads and they can be charged from a 5-volt outlet. Our 2015 Windsport has and outlet in the dash computer compartment and two in the bedroom. Can your wife's tablet be charged from a 5-volt (USB) outlet?
__________________
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,915
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
We have iPads and they can be charged from a 5-volt outlet. Our 2015 Windsport has and outlet in the dash computer compartment and two in the bedroom. Can your wife's tablet be charged from a 5-volt (USB) outlet?
My wife uses a Microsoft Surface Pro using 110. I am going to check to see if it has an option for plugging into a 12 VDC power source. I on the other hand use an iPad as my tablet and don't have a problem.

I will say that I haven't looked under the computer work station top to see any charging ports. I'll have to check the coach this afternoon to see what is under there.
__________________

__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×