Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2021, 10:58 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #15042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Sorry to hear that you had so many problems...
Will you be getting an RV from a different manufacturer?
I bought my motor home brand new form CW, I can fill up five pages about them nothing positive.WAST OF TIME.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:22 PM   #42

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I owned a 2002 Keystone Challenger 36TKB firth wheel. This is a Thor brand. It was by far the most worry free RV we ever owned. Replaced roof in 12 years (expected). Converter failed after 15 years. Hydraulic pump developed a leak after 12 years. Blew out a tire once.

But we made more fun family memories in that RV. A few issues along the way, to be expected.

Yes, if you can’t run with the big dogs, don’t buy an RV. 😅
Old 07-24-2021, 11:23 PM   #43

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgtv53 View Post
I bought my motor home brand new form CW, I can fill up five pages about them nothing positive.WAST OF TIME.

So why do you keep going there? They have a good inventory and if you negotiate with vigor you can get a good price. Otherwise there’s no reason to ever talk to them. They are a sales outlet.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:01 AM   #44

State: Louisiana
THOR #10057
Well well, another on bites the dust. Good for YOU. I am still stuck with mine and it is a daily battle to keep it going. Always, Always something gone wrong and have to spend time and money fixing this hunk of junk. If I can find a good sucker, this is going also. Ha s been a PITA since I bought it. Hope you find another company with a good coach.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:28 AM   #45

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscay1 View Post
Well well, another on bites the dust. Good for YOU. I am still stuck with mine and it is a daily battle to keep it going. Always, Always something gone wrong and have to spend time and money fixing this hunk of junk. If I can find a good sucker, this is going also. Ha s been a PITA since I bought it. Hope you find another company with a good coach.

So why don’t you just sell it? If it’s clean and currently fixed you can sell it for probably more than it’s worth. Probably in a matter of hours or days.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:48 AM   #46

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
So why do you keep going there? They have a good inventory and if you negotiate with vigor you can get a good price. Otherwise there’s no reason to ever talk to them. They are a sales outlet.
2 months before we even saw our RV, we saw a 2019 Vista 29VE Online at a CW very identical to one we would eventually buy ( at a good price), but it was 6 hours a way. So one weekend we scheduled a trip to do something else near by; but the timing would allow us to go see this RV at a CW. Tired from the drive we almost get mauled by salesmen I explained we just wanted to see one coach and get back on the highway. They got frustrated because I didn't want to go and sit in there little office So finally, I said listen; I just want to see the RV, they then proceeded to tell us unless we showed them our drivers license we could not even look at the RVs on the lot? I said ok, and we left. It may very well have been their required policy, but even if it was; it told me all I needed to know; so we moved on.

Unless you are extremely naïve, complaining about CW is akin to complaining because you lost money in Vegas
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:12 AM   #47

Model: 2015 Citation 24SR
State: Mississippi
THOR #8834
I've been RVing for over 25 years & I really love it. Getting older around 70 now & slowing down a little bit. However, I been reading tons of blogs & one thing I have noticed. These blog can make you a little paranoid to go RV'ing. They mostly recount the horror stories of failure in these motorhome bad rv sites.. My latest trip was to visit my sister in Surprize, AZ. Along the way we visited Meteor Crater, Peterfied Forest & the Grand Canyon. Had a few issues. Lost a Hub cap in New Mexico (my Fault), Dingy battery died, Got a ton of tumbleweeds stuck under the motorhome (windy day) And the tourist buses disgourged out nothing but Chinese tourist, I mean buy the hundreds. On the return trip going home Hit rush hour in Phoenix, AZ & A little north of El Paso
stopped by a Custom Checkpoint by a squad of machine gun toteing agents in kevlar helmet & vest looking for aliens. They asked me how many people were in my motorhome & my 1st thought was to say 30 people. However, my answer I gave them was 2 & they let us pass. Than, In Dallas my wife was driving & we hit rush hour again. I was glad to get home but did enjoy the trip.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:40 PM   #48

State: Ohio
THOR #15042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I don’t , I sold the motor home l bought from cow ,now I have LTV unity when kneed service I go to Indiana
Old 07-25-2021, 09:10 PM   #49

Model: Thor class c outlaw
State: California
THOR #18162
I went through many issues with my motorhome. I had to call Thor and ask for assistance as well as make suggestions for some difficult issues. But all was worth it and I am enjoying it.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #50

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgtv53 View Post
I don’t , I sold the motor home l bought from cow ,now I have LTV unity when kneed service I go to Indiana
Therein lies the problem. Most cows don't know squat about RVs. Now ask about poop and they can fill your bucket. But don't kneed a bucket of cow poop since it's won't be as good as they, the cow, says. From what I've seen, Indiana cow poop isn't much different from say Florida poop except it may freeze more in the winter. Frozen cow poop is hard to kneed.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:35 AM   #51

Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
I had many issues with my Thor. It was purchased from General RV.
I believe your main issue and mine was the dealer.
Finally Thorn hooked me up with La Masa RV in Ft. Myers, FL. The service tech Steve Mayo took the unit in and took a month to solve my issues. It has been two years and not another issue.
If you can forget the problems for one minute, do you like the MH. If so find the product manager for your product at Thor ask him to send you to a good dealer that can solve your issues as I did and you will be home free.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:23 AM   #52
MLP

THOR #17478
If you want a better RV, start looking at rigs like Country Coach. I have a 2013 Thor Palazzo and love it. Not much wrong except the slide under extended warranty and it runs great. I did have to put upgrades in the suspension, batteries, along with tires, but I already knew this when I bought it. The engine and transmission is what city buses used to have. Good for 400k to 500k miles.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:45 AM   #53

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Had a Thor.. now we do not..So don't have a bone in this dawgfight..
Our current coach is nearly 20 years young, and yes there have been issues but the mfg has stood behind their product.. and parts are still supported..
Good Luck and Happy Trails..
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:55 PM   #54

Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
Home Schooling has gone from 3% to 11% and expected to be higher when school year begins next week and a couple of weeks down the line. Some are guessing 16%.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:10 AM   #55

Model: Tuscany
THOR #10705
Thumbs up Moving on from Thor

Just reading your thread.
We have a 2016 Thor Tuscany 34st XTE
It was giving us the blues.
It was constantly at the dealer for repairs, some minor and some not so.
The time is took for the dealer to complete warranty work our warranty was shot to crap.
My wife thanks to her great record keeping, contacted Thor, supplied them with documentation & copies of work orders from the dealer.
Thor's representative gave us an additional 6 months on our warranty.

Doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Our coach is running great now 5years strong
Good Luck!
Old 07-29-2021, 03:28 PM   #56

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
I have never owned a motorhome, 5th wheel or even a houseboat that has as many problems as this 1 year old windsport. Purchased from Camping World (which I now regret). My motorhome had problems the day we drove off the lot. Went back to CW for warranty work. It was there for 6 months before they told us it was ready. Lost my warranty. I year old vehicle had to replace the batteries (Thor) would not cover, replaced my couch broken at pick up 1 year later I'm told it was in. CW could not get me in for 8 months still not fixed. My inverter went bad I had to replace AR my own expense, not covered under warranty even though an email was sent stating that it could go bad. The step is a joke my steps will not retract 6 months to get a tech to look it over, the gravity fill is a joke always have to blow the vent tube spewing water all over. I was told that they had a sensor for the awning to come in during high winds, NO THEY DONT HAVE THIS FEATURE. Replaced. I have a TSB that I can't get anyone to do the work.. I will never own another Thor product. I was looking at high dollar motorhomes and Thor owns those companies. GOOD BYE THOR
I hate you had so many problems and it is a fact that when you buy an RV, NO MATTER WHAT the name on the hood, things will fail and fail until it is sold. That’s little consolation but I have had a 2017 Axis 25.2 and currently have a 2018 Windsport 29m. The list of repairs and improvements grows every year. It will make you want to pull your hair out but you must decide what you can tolerate I guess. All things man made will fail you. It’s a matter of how much your willing to put up with? I’m still hanging tough but we’ll see, Right??? Bob Trice
Old 08-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #57

Model: Palazzo
State: Arizona
THOR #6404
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
If you want a better RV, start looking at rigs like Country Coach. I have a 2013 Thor Palazzo and love it. Not much wrong except the slide under extended warranty and it runs great. I did have to put upgrades in the suspension, batteries, along with tires, but I already knew this when I bought it. The engine and transmission is what city buses used to have. Good for 400k to 500k miles.
MLP, just out of curiosity did you have a wiring harness issue with your Palazzo slide? We just had this issue on the bedroom slide and there was no way to fix it without adding a second wiring harness to bypass the original.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #58
MLP

THOR #17478
We had a slide problem with the Swintec not being designed strong enough and the motor support was slowly bending away from the rails. When the dealer got done with the repair, we had it jam. The cause was the improper routing of the motor cable. It got into the guide track. The cables have never failed themselves so far.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:50 PM   #59

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #11607
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I do not believe people are going to relinquish their RVs at the number many speculate.

The pandemic has opened the eyes of many firms on the ability of folks to "work from home" and the decreased overhead expense of office space and utilities. Many of the employees have realized "work from home" can be on 4, 6, or 8 wheels in any part of the country they roll into and this new found freedom is catching on. Courts have also ruled recently that states cannot tax folks living in another state simply because their employer is located in the taxing state.

During the FMCA Convention last week some of the most attended seminars dealt with staying connected on the road the FMCA Basic RV Maintenance and Driving classes were packed to the gils during all sessions. It was also interesting how many first timers attended the convention and how many attended with younger children.

One number that would be interesting to know is how many families pulled their children out of public schools and elected home schooling for the upcoming school year.

Yes there will be some folks that don't enjoy the lifestyle and will wan to. to get back to the all inclusive cruises and hotel stays, however, I believe those numbers aren't going to be anywhere near as high as what many on this forum speculate.
I agree with you on this. I've spoken to several "new to rv'ing" and they are having a blast.
TripleGGG is offline   Reply With Quote