Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2022, 02:35 PM   #1
Rip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni rs36
State: Minnesota
THOR #26127
Omni

New to forum and new to the rv world..I recently purchased a omni rs36 (new) in mesa az while on a roadtrip from minnesota and been doing some research on this model and wondering if i made the right choice? I understand there will be issues with different things slides,electronics,tires,and Im prepared to make repairs with confidence as i have a career of fixing almost anything thrown at me. Just looking for advise on your purchase and repairs as they came along? Flying down next week to pickup then we are staying at a park for a short 2-3 day shakedown close to the dealer.....any info will be appreciated.THANKS!

Rip

Old 03-13-2022, 03:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome to the forum.

Recommend you read the posts from Judge.

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:57 PM   #3

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Welcome Rip - Congrats on the new rig!
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 11:49 AM   #4

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Recommend you read the posts from Judge.

Good luck.
And kwplot, mine and several others.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 01:58 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
New to forum and new to the rv world..I recently purchased a omni rs36 (new) in mesa az while on a roadtrip from minnesota and been doing some research on this model and wondering if i made the right choice? I understand there will be issues with different things slides,electronics,tires,and Im prepared to make repairs with confidence as i have a career of fixing almost anything thrown at me. Just looking for advise on your purchase and repairs as they came along? Flying down next week to pickup then we are staying at a park for a short 2-3 day shakedown close to the dealer.....any info will be appreciated.THANKS!

Rip
Knowing what I know now.... I would be driving it down to Tucson to have the Schwintek Slide Mechanism replaced with the Vroom Slide System. While the Schwintek Mechanism is "ok" for small and lighter slides, it is not nearly robust enough for heavy full wall slides to be reliable in my humble opinion.

It was the best upgrade I did for my coach. I paid $2500 for mine last October using my motors and controller. He is $3000 for then complete system and it may be more given inflation. I doubt he can get you in quickly. Last time I spoke with someone he was booked to July now.
Old 03-18-2022, 12:49 PM   #6
Rip

Model: Omni rs36
State: Minnesota
THOR #26127
Omni

Received a call from the delivery dept at the dealer with news that they need parts for the cap window shade which is motorized and didnt know when? they mentioned they would send the parts to the local thor dealer who I'm sure will be thrilled to do the repair as I didnt purchase from them! Anyone have experience with this kind of situation....My message was pretty clear get it fixed before I fly down to pickup ( monday) this is their delivery date not mine...waiting for a follow up call with a response today....Wish me luck
Old 03-18-2022, 01:11 PM   #7

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Received a call from the delivery dept at the dealer with news that they need parts for the cap window shade which is motorized and didnt know when? they mentioned they would send the parts to the local thor dealer who I'm sure will be thrilled to do the repair as I didnt purchase from them! Anyone have experience with this kind of situation....My message was pretty clear get it fixed before I fly down to pickup ( monday) this is their delivery date not mine...waiting for a follow up call with a response today....Wish me luck
After reading the posts that were suggested you are proceeding? I am going to speculate that it's a CW that thor wants to send you to fix finishing the "kit". Ford delivers an incomplete chassis to thor for an RV build. Now it looks like thor delivers an incomplete RV to a dealer and buyer.

The new now.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 02:55 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If it’s not ready don’t accept delivery or sign the sales documents. Once you sign it’s your problem and you will have nobody to blame but yourself.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:27 AM   #9

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
^^^^^What Dave said…..

When I had my Magnitude SV34 at the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa 18 months ago to have the very poor front cap attachment repaired, the panoramic window cover motor died. They had the coach two months longer than required to get the parts to fix it….. and that was late October 2020 before supply problems got as bad as they have been recently.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:23 PM   #10

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Parts

Quote:
Just got my 2022 Magnitude out of service. One issue was the shade stopped working. Took 4 months to get the part. I would suggest you make an appointment at Thor Factory repair if you have time. The shade is not a Thor production part but maybe they have quicker access to parts. Not to mention you will come across a few things between Mesa and Thor factory service. They perform miracles at the factory service if you can get in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022 Thor Motor Coach Magnitude RB34 Class C Motorhome (Stock# 13992) 13.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	36586  
Old 03-23-2022, 09:30 PM   #11

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
In regards to not buying locally: I really tried to buy local, but they just didn’t have the unit. Tried for months, ended up finding one in Florida that financing crashed and burned on for someone else so I jumped on it. Reached out to the local dealer and asked if I have problems with the unit, “ How long would it take to look at it for warranty service”. Response was since you didn’t purchased it here, 3 months before they can get it in to diagnose issues and then they would order parts that could take months. That’s why I made an appointment at Thor factory and drove directly there from the dealership in Florida. Took 11 days but they got me back on the issue with repairs on known issues at the time.
williamprunty is offline   Reply With Quote