Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #21

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
If there's a local propane distributor near you they should have any/all fittings needed to plumb into wherever you'd like to have it whether before or after the rv regulator, & be much cheaper than a rv supply store.

Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:41 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
I'm bumping this thread to say thanks to all who contributed. My wife and I have been banging our heads together trying to figure this issue out. On the Miramar we have a quick connect underneath our outside kitchen and we have a Coleman Roadtrip LXE grille that we couldn't figure out how to connect. The Miramar was supposed to come with an outside grill, but none of the units on the lot at CW had one. So they made it up to us by giving us a Coleman grill in it's place.

This thread crystalized something really important. That instead of looking for a quick connect to Coleman fitting I need to eliminate the regulator from the grill if I want to use it with the Miramar's propane supply.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:51 AM   #23

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Yup- you can not use two regulators in series. The gas line coming from the RV is past the regulator on my Thor Vegas, so you need to find a grill that you can bypass or remove the regulator.
I got this grill:
https://www.campchef.com/ranger-ii-t...ner-stove.html
Works great with a gas hose that has a 1/4" male quick connect to a female (i think 1/2") threaded connector.

I also got a big buddy space heater as it has a direct connect propane attachment. You need a 1/4" male quick connect from the RV to a female 1/2" quick connect hose to the space heater. I had to order an adapter for the 1/2" quick connect but it should work out well.

Anyways, the lesson is that if you want to use a propane appliance you can only have 1 regulator.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:28 AM   #24

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
After looking at the instruction booklet, our 9406 Series Coleman Roadtrip X-Cursion has a regulator that is built right into the burners. I don't see a way to easily remove the regulator as with some of the other Coleman Roadtrip models where you have to screw it on the back of it.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:46 AM   #25

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post
After looking at the instruction booklet, our 9406 Series Coleman Roadtrip X-Cursion has a regulator that is built right into the burners. I don't see a way to easily remove the regulator as with some of the other Coleman Roadtrip models where you have to screw it on the back of it.
If the regulator is built in then there is no safe way to bypass the regulator. It took me a long time to find a grill that did not have a built in regulator. The one i posted works very well and is around the same price as the coleman road trip.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:14 AM   #26

Model: Ace 30.4
State: Louisiana
THOR #9620
Low pressure propane quick release

I use this for a portable “lil campfire”. Was told it would never work by rv store and Lowe’s plumbing, but it does. It works a little better without the regulator that came with it. I really enjoy sitting by the fire and not having to dodge smoke. The rv tanks last a very long time and so much cheaper than carrying wood.