Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2020, 03:56 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurrican 34J
State: Texas
THOR #4107
To keep an eye for what's new and think about the next upgrade.
Its better than having to settle for whatever 1 or 2 dealer have available when you HAVE to replace your old RV. if you can plan ahead you can get an RV that better fills your needs and wants.
And it's fun to walk around and eat unhealthy stuff once in a while.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:02 AM   #22
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
I do not mind going through RV shows or art galleries, but I usually and do pick the most expensive rig or artwork far beyond my means. Everything lesser is not so satisfying. That being said, you can see somethings that can be added to or be changed in your current RV at a RV shows. So it is good to do.

We usually think "what were the designers thinking of" when going through many. That is do to the fact that most RV designers do not own an RV or camped in one. They do not understand just what doesn't make good use of space or comfort. An example is a TV that you have to look the entire length past the kitchen or crank your neck 90 degrees and look up to see it! One can go on and on about what were they thinking. Maybe a thread should be started "Just What Were They Thinking"!
Old 01-23-2020, 10:33 PM   #23

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
This is why we look:

Newell - $2 million Porsche inspired RV
Old 01-23-2020, 11:19 PM   #24

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
To see what is new hitting the market. To look at the bigger units and see how they are appointed with furniture. Look at the newest models on the market. Just a fun day out every once and a while.

Paul
Old 03-09-2020, 06:28 PM   #25

Model: Quantum RW28
State: Florida
THOR #15031
I know it's taken a while since the OP but here's a link to the poll question on my blog. Zita and I are somewhat new to the RV community with only having our 2019 Thor Quantum RW28 for less than a year before we attended our first RV show. Of course it just happened to be the 2020 Florida RV Supershow (sometimes being called the Tampa RV Supershow by mistake) so before going I was curious why other people go to RV shows in the first place. I know why we were going, (more on that later) but wondered why others went.
So I approached the question scientifically! Not! I posted a question to five RV specific websites and Facebook pages and then compiled the answers as best as I could. In summary, here are the responses broken down into categories and the percentages of responses each category received.
Question: “If you already own a motorhome such as a fifth wheel, travel trailer, class A, B, C, Super C or just a small popup, why do you still go to RV shows?”
Out of 341 people responding, here is the breakdown.
Just Like to Look: 41%
To see the rest of the poll visit our blog @:
https://jeffpiercemagic.wixsite.com/baxtersdailydump