An the saga continues on our Tuscany 40RX
So the last time I wrote a thread out here, a Thor rep contacted me and after 1 1/2 years they decided to send a Thor Technician. Let me say this made me very happy because they told me he would stay until it was fixed. Being happy didn't last very long. He was supposed to be here on a Tuesday and he was supposed to call me when he arrived so we could meet him, well he didn't show up, tried calling the Thor rep, left numerous message and it was crickets. The Technician finally showed up Thursday and never called us to let us know he arrived. We called the repair shop and they said he had been there 45 minutes. I left work and went to meet him and go over everything. He seemed to be a nice guy, when I left there an hour later, I felt good about him and getting things fixed. The last thing he said to me was he would call me later that day so that we could come back and let him know if we were satisfied, oh and one thing he did tell me is that he was not staying beyond 1 day, when the rep told me he would be there until it was fixed. He never called us that day and when we called the repair shop they said he left. So here is the list that he said he would fix.
1. Large SideOut- Hitting side trim of motorhome and has been "FIXED" and painted twice - continues to hit .
2. Switch panel inside door, lights keep burning out - supposedly ordered parts haven't seen the yet.
3. Sliding door between living area and bedroom not closing properly and not opening properly and not staying closed when driving down the road - said he fixed, worse now then it was. Also the decorative grill on the door is about to fall off.
4. Shower leaks - Still leaks
5. Aquahot - 1 of the zones went out, apparently a rely issue - said it was ordered - Repair shop said that it has finally came in.
AFTER HE LEFT:
6. Backup camera stopped working, not sure what he did.
7. There are 2 relays out now
8. Lights in basement don't work on one side
9. There is a terrible squeaking noise as we are driving down the road, that is coming from somewhere around the door, we haven't been able to identify where.
We bought the extended warranty when we purchased in February 2014 and now Thor is giving our repair shop a hardtime about paying them because they say the warranty is up. Well 90% of these issues have been ongoing for over a year.
I do not know where to go from here but to hire an attorney. If I would have bought a house that had all of these issues and the builder was not fixing the issues, we would have been in court along time ago. I spent just as much on this piece of crap that I spent on my current house.
This motor home has been at the repair shop for at least 70% of the total time that we have owned it.
Our plan was to retire and live full time in this motorhome, well you can't live in something that has to be in the repair shop all the time.