Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2021, 01:34 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Spring Sunshine Thor Rally coming soon!

Back by popular demand, its the 2021 Sunshine Thor Rally. We'll make every effort to keep everyone safe and healthy!

Rock Crusher Canyon RV Resort is the location and April 7-11 are the dates. Call the resort directly for reservations: 352-564-9350. Ask for the Sunshine Thor rally rate of $45/night, including tax. I expect some will arrive early and a few may stay after. The first reservations will get the best sites. Once our block fills, you'll be assigned the nearest available site.

This is a Sun Resort and the address is 237 Rock Crusher Rd, Crystal River, FL 34429. It has great amenities, including heated pool and hot tub. We'll have use of the clubhouse if needed.

There are no rally fees, and no entertainment or free meals. We'll take up a collection if we cater in a meal or two. The conversations will be enlightening and inspiring. Come and make some new friends!

Old 02-27-2021, 10:36 AM   #2

Model: Vegas
THOR #12129
We will most likely be there. Will make reservations this weekend.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:26 AM   #3

THOR #1589

Reservations are rolling in! We expect a smaller group compared to past spring rallies, and still a good time is assured!
Old 03-06-2021, 01:56 AM   #4

THOR #1589
The resort just installed a new computer system, and had to reenter all the reservations. We're still on. When you call fto reserve your spot, use the number listed in the first post and choose prompt 2. This connects you directly to the resort.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:16 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
What are the campsite numbers in our block? If we can make it, I'll do BBQ again but not sure about making it at this point. April's birthday is the 2nd and not sure what extravagant adventure she has up her sleeve. Will keep you posted. That's a fun area with lots to do.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
Rock Crusher is in my back yard, about 15 min from my house. Not worth bringing the MH. Any way to just stop by for a short time.

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:11 AM   #7

THOR #1589
Rock Crusher Resort didn't give me the site numbers, but when you call them direct to the resort and tell them Sunshine Thor group, they will place you with the group. Option 2.

Nosticks, you are welcome to to join us anytime. Show up for happy hour on Thursday and we'll discuss plans for the weekend.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:50 PM   #8

Model: Vegas 25.6
THOR #16962
Reservation made. I'm looking forward to meeting the people behind the post on the forum.
When making the reservation, I was told a mistake occurred and I was overcharged - immediate refund of the overcharge was made ($28). She was going to check the other reservations to be sure that it didn't happen to others.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:51 PM   #9

THOR #16962
Also, I was told that the site numbers for the rally are from 169 to 199. 40 and 45 foot sites available.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:18 PM   #10

Model: Challenger 37FH
THOR #20476
Is this rally still on? And how many are registered to attend.

Challenger 37FH
Buick encore or Chevrolet Equinox - Toad
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:30 PM   #11

THOR #1589
Yes, we're on. When i last checked, we have 7 rigs reserved. The office is closed on Saturdays.

If you have ever been to an RV rally, ours are nothing like that! We have no programs, no entertainment. We'll share some evening meals and have plenty of time to visit and share stories. Any agenda is up to the folks in the group.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:47 AM   #12

THOR #1589
Did I dream the number 7, or did I have a senior moment? Last check shows 5 rigs registered. Plenty of room for you, and we'll try to keep everyone safe.

I had an inquiry from some folks who want to come without their rig and told them they are welcome. Bring your lawn chairs and your beverage of choice. Some of the group might wander off to the beach or nearby Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park. Look it up, it's a true Florida treasure.

For those coming, plan on an informal happy hour together Wednesday evening, a potluck style dinner for Thursday evening and we'll plan forward from there. Will it be too hot for a campfire? If so, bring a fan and a cord.
Old 03-27-2021, 01:55 AM   #13

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
We would love to attend but the timing is just a bit off. The Rally falls in the same time frame I have to get my second Covid poke ! After a long cold winter up here in NW Indiana a couple weeks in early April in FLA would have been a welcome break! Hopefully the next time
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:52 PM   #14

THOR #1589
Mark your calendar for the fall rally with a tentative date the first or second weekend of Oct. Definite time and place TBD.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:56 PM   #15

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Unable to make this one but Fall is on the radar. We're scheduled to be in Port Charlotte, staying at Harbor Lakes for a week during this same time frame. Meeting up with friends of ours from Michigan. They are closing on two lots they purchased there. I think Michigan will be void of people soon...at least those whom are accomplished. Everyone we know there is moving to South Florida. I will miss our annual visits to Michigan...it's such a gorgeous state...in the summer.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:52 PM   #16

Model: Vegas
THOR #12129
I believe we are on site 169
Old 04-06-2021, 01:48 AM   #17

THOR #1589
What if you planned a party then showed up late? We will be arriving on Thursday afternoon due to something that came up. I said no rules, right? You folks there will do fine without me. You might not even know I'm not there!

We will do a potluck style dinner together on Thursday early evening. Then we will plan the rest. Not too late for last minute reservations. If you want to stop in without a RV, bring along your chairs.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:20 AM   #18

THOR #1589
Report from Rock Crusher RV. We’re having a great time together. Most of our group went to Homosassa Springs State Park for a nature walk past all kinds of Florida animals and birds and a huge 60 year old hippo. (Insert joke here.)

The whole group enjoyed a nice dinner at a great seafood restaurant. We will be enjoying the resort tomorrow. If you've been to a previous rally, we might have discussed you! Working on plans for a fall rally in October.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:21 PM   #19

THOR #16962
Back home

Well we made it back to Interlachen ok. I-75 North was a series of slow crawling interspersed with periods of near speed limit travel. No accidents, just periodic slow travel. A normal 1:45 trip turned out to be 3 hours.
Great to meet everyone snd enjoyed the great conversation and good.

Don and Debbie Wood
Old 04-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #20

THOR #1589
We were blessed with nice weather for most of our time together, until late afternoon on Saturday. The rain hit hard about 10 AM which was check out time at the park. It was a slow drive home for us, too.

We are working on an October rally. Date and place tbd.