Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #61

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Check out the mapping online associated with the Thor.com site. It's at www.maps.roadtrippers.com I'm just starting with it and haven't formed an opinion yet, but it looks useful.
Hey Mr. Sunshine! Have you had enough time to evaluate Road Trippers? And if so, what are your thoughts?

I purchased a Garman 890, which is absolutely loaded with cool features, but to be honest, it's been a little flakey in some areas. As such, I'm looking for a back up system to keep it honest.

Let me know!

2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
That roadtrippers.com link doesn't work.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:50 PM   #63

THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
That roadtrippers.com link doesn't work.
I think they must have changed the destination page since this post was made. But it's not hard to find your way over to the right link.

Here you go. But you'll probably have to create a free account to use it.

https://maps.roadtrippers.com/
Old 12-17-2021, 02:43 AM   #64

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Yeah, maybe that was a bad link, but you can get there via www.roadtrippers.com I like the overnightRVparking.com database that is included. I subscribed and used that service for several years.

The free site is limited to a few waypoints. It is kinda like the trusty old Streets and Trips software that I used until it was discontinued and won't run on Windows 10.

There's also RvLifePro and The Dyrt. There is a better comparison than I could do at: www.thervgeeks.com/rv-trip-planner/
Old 09-10-2022, 04:02 PM   #65

THOR #14340
Well look at this, it's been 3.5 years since I bought my first motorhome and started this thread. My goodness how time flies.

We sold our Tiffin Phaeton, which we bought after we sold the Four Winds, and even though we sold it at a fair price, we still managed to make money on the coach. That's not something that happens very often (well, not to me anyway), but the market was right and demand was high.

Last winter was really rough and we got snowed in 3 times. During those times of extended card play, we told ourselves we would not get caught here during winter again. So armed with justification, we bought our next motorhome, a Newmar London Aire, and we plan to head south during the upcoming winters. Unfortunately, our 12 year old German Shepherd is ailing with poor hips, and he is unable to travel. So we may not get out of town this winter after all, but we'll certainly be set for next winter.

I haven't posted much over the last couple of years, but I watch the forum and keep up with what's going on. Was terribly saddened to hear of Bob's wife's passing, and want to extend our sincerest consolations for his loss.