Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2020, 11:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Forum Editable List

Covid-19 is causing campground closures. Is there a way to create a list that can be updated by forum members rather than dealing with dozens or hundreds of replies.

Contents would need State, Campground Name and Status (open/closed/open w/restrictions)

We can start creating a list of findings. Examples can be found in this thread: https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...s-20979-7.html however, it's difficult to weed through the replies to get to that type of information. A poll really doesn't fit the requirement. Better examples are All Stays, Free Dump Stations - all user-contributed.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:32 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I think the assumption needs made that they are closed.
A circle search and a phone call are all that's practical.
10,000 rv places are closing within minutes of each other.

I'll participate, but what I type now is out of date within minutes.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:41 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
That would be great for the seeker of the information IF the information was updated. Otherwise, the list is just another source of bad information.

This forum software is not setup to create a list like you desire, the best we could do is create a sticky thread, create 50 posts (one for each state) and allow anyone to edit those posts. How long do you think it would be before that thread would become useless?

I suggest you do your own due diligence if planning a trip in these CV times and call the place you would like to stay to get their latest information.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:44 PM   #4

THOR #12189
Thank you and very valid points. Thought it might help. Obviously, it has a limited shelf life (we hope). After that, I would move to ask you guys/gals to delete it

Could be ineffective but one shouldn't assume the current status is still valid (e.g. 'open'). It might weed out the definite closures for the time being, significantly decrease the number/effort of individual searches, and give folks the opportunity to make better informed decisions. Should they find the current status is wrong, I'll have to assume they're a member and can update the status?

It doesn't seem like the system is capable of an easy way to accomplish this, nor should it be. It wasn't bred for that type of activity and a real-time system wasn't really the goal.

It was a thought...
Old 03-20-2020, 01:23 AM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Personally, as stated by others, I would think as fast as this situation is changing the information posted would be stale before you finished typing it.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:41 PM   #6
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
We could set up a specific Topic area for all C-19 related content. it may be useful (and then stick the closures and info threads)

opinions?
Old 03-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #7

THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We could set up a specific Topic area for all C-19 related content. it may be useful (and then stick the closures and info threads)

opinions?
Thanks Janet. It's already being done here. Replicating might cause confusion if the data does not sync.

On the other hand, a separate section might consolidate the otherwise disparate posts on the topic. Your call.