Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2021, 07:40 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #18622
New Thor

One pulled into the site next to ours this morning, black and gray color. Looks nice, but not worth that kind of money

Old 04-10-2021, 09:12 PM   #22

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeace29.3 View Post
One pulled into the site next to ours this morning, black and gray color. Looks nice, but not worth that kind of money

I think so too. We looked at several Super C’s and liked them well enough except for limited weight carrying capacity and the inherent class C layout. And, of course, the cost. We ended up with a Newmar class A that we like a lot and for “only” about 2/3 of the cost. But I like the diverse market options.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:00 PM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I think so too. We looked at several Super C’s and liked them well enough except for limited weight carrying capacity and the inherent class C layout. And, of course, the cost. We ended up with a Newmar class A that we like a lot and for “only” about 2/3 of the cost. But I like the diverse market options.
New metric that should be required; price per pound of OCCC. Formula is MSRP / OCCC = PpP. No adjustments of any kind to skew the numbers.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:17 AM   #24

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
RV Trader has a listing for a Magnitude GA22 and GA24

I was doing some research on that BT36 you mention I also found two magnitude models with just a drawing of a GA22 and GA24. These are on E450 chassis and are listed as Magnitude models. There is a dealer with a BT36 on the lot and there are a bunch of pictures. A new color too.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:22 AM   #25

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
I was doing some research on that BT36 you mention I also found two magnitude models with just a drawing of a GA22 and GA24. These are on E450 chassis and are listed as Magnitude models. There is a dealer with a BT36 on the lot and there are a bunch of pictures. A new color too.
I'll never buy a motorhome on an E-Series Chassis again. Anything 25' or longer is just too much for a van chassis.

If I were to go smaller once we finish all the long trips we want to do, I would be going to a Sprinter Chassis before an E-Series based on past experience.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:30 AM   #26

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
That's MSRP though. He's a more realistic asking price from MHSRV in Texas.Attachment 29584
What’s a Donkey Fluffer?😅
Old 04-12-2021, 10:41 AM   #27

THOR #17765
Sounds like you guys need to find a big building, hire some employees, line up some suppliers, do some advertising, sign on some dealers, and start building these suckers yourselves! 😎 I’ve enjoyed the read.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:06 PM   #28
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
I saw the same floorpans as mentioned earlier. Those floorpans are marked as rentals. Maybe Thor is going to build those for Cruise America and others to replace the Majestic.

Too many unknowns until they release the official specs and features lists.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:34 PM   #29

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Accolade 37L
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
What’s a Donkey Fluffer?[emoji28]
Hey, I needed the money
Old 01-27-2023, 08:59 AM   #30

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #20941
The BT36 is a Class C+ which is neat because you get the benefits of a C and a Super C (best of both worlds)

Take a traditional Class C, that's travel friendly, easy to get in and out, and has a sofa directly opposite the dinette, AND THEN,

- Replace the 30 amp service with 50 amp service
- Replace the 4000W gas generator with a 6000W diesel generator
- Replace dark and dingy cabover area with bright cabover area
- Lower the cabover bed height so it's easier to access and talk to people from
- Replace the 7500/500 pound tow hitch with a true 12000-lb tow hitch
- Increase CCC substantially
- Replace a single bathroom with a rear ensuite bathroom and a midship toilet
- Add a stacked washer and dryer option
- Enclose the sewer connection so it's tucked away instead of exposed and low slung
- Replace the single 15K BTU AC unit with two 15K BTU AC units
- Replace 450-lb ft torque with 825-lb ft of torque
- Add 4x4 capability
- Replace the gas only cooktop with a hybrid gas and electric cooktop
- Increase holding tank capacity
- Replace the queen bed with a king bed
- Add flush flooring

Enter the BT36

- NO climbing up and down a ladder like a commercial trucker just to get in and out of the cab
- NO climbing up and down lots of stairs just to get in and out of the RV
- NO climbing up into a really high cabover bed and having to shout down from it to talk to people from
- The family stays together in one social area (opposing dinette and sofa) instead of being seperated into two areas (inline dinette and sofa)
- Two toilets instead of just 1 (obvious benefits )
- More down to earth literally and figuratively

The nightmare-ish paint job though makes it look like a hearse or halloween parade float (bad for reflecting heat too), no diesel heater, no lift for a bit of extra clearance, no off-road tires, front cap looks a bit OTT, no gas oven option, no outdoor kitchen, not 4 seasons, basic slide-outs, no tv delete option, big holes in the ceiling (vents), an outsider decides the decor in your home for you, cab to rv not so easy, no two-way fridge option, no carpet option, lack of personal customisation, status symbol created for a select few idiots to "enjoy", vastly overpriced, built in a concentration camp for a spineless corporation to sell to ignorant mortal beings (yellow sticker bozo's), depreciates in value quickly, falls apart quickly, not built to last (just like the morons buying them), warranty is overrated, the model you buy becomes outdated within 6 months due to "ever evolving product improvement programme" (you're paying them to be a lab rat so they can profit)

Conclusion - fab idea that's badly implemented

PS then there's the big ongoing costs such as fuel, insurance, taxes, inspections and repairs, driving down badly maintained roads, the unreasonable, unelected and unofficial laws restricting RV use, and the busy-body nosey "government" which wants to control every aspect of your life so everything fun and sensible is "illegal" and "wrong", unverified & unscientific CCC data, the mandatory use of seat belts and being forced to have smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, escape windows, metal kitchen blinds etc (aka mandatory "just in case" mentality), ccrap hookups ( every RVer is fragile medical patient on life support, every RV a hospital ward), propaganda towers (TV's) in every room (even outside), etc, all in YOUR home without YOUR consent then there's all the useless accessories you are going to buy and the modifications you are going to need to do to make it how you really want it because it's a one size fits all design built in a metal hospital by clones for clones to drive around the hospital in
Old 01-27-2023, 10:46 AM   #31

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterKK View Post
The BT36 is a Class C+ which is neat because you get the benefits of a C and a Super C (best of both worlds)

Good Analysis....

But the BT36 (and all Omni / Magnitudes) is still a Super C because it is on a truck chassis and not a van chassis. All Class C's are on a van chassis and all Super C's are on a truck chassis.
Old 01-27-2023, 02:34 PM   #32

THOR #17765
Until the cab over falls off on the highway. Wouldn’t consider a Thor Super C period. And Judge, knowing what u know you wouldn’t buy one again either.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:04 PM   #33

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Make that a 10gal. electric water heater otherwise with tankless you'll have to keep the propane tank. And can you make the tv a pop-up at the dinette instead of swing out from the bunk? Thanks, when can I place my order.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:05 PM   #34

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Until the cab over falls off on the highway. Wouldn’t consider a Thor Super C period. And Judge, knowing what u know you wouldn’t buy one again either.

I wouldn’t buy another one knowing what I know after over 3 seasons and after what I have experienced.

That being said….. after all of the work I have done on it, my SV34 is now as bulletproof as any Super C… or most coaches… could be at this point.

When we are ready to sell it in about 2 years or so someone will get a great coach.