Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2021, 02:44 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #16716
it's the vent pipe. i forget the exact name of it, but it does works properly - the problem is it still doesn't open when the drain is trying to vent. i took mine off to be sure, and sure enough the drain works like it should when removed. i tweeked it by turning the vent sideways (it's still enough above the actual plumbing so it doesn't leak). taking away the gravity component of that vent (and just letting the spring action work) solved my problem.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:46 PM   #22

State: North Carolina
THOR #16716
slow kitchen drain

it's the vent pipe. i forget the exact name of it, but it does works properly - the problem is it still doesn't open when the drain is trying to vent. i took mine off to be sure, and sure enough the drain works like it should when removed. i tweeked it by turning the vent sideways (it's still enough above the actual plumbing so it doesn't leak). taking away the gravity component of that vent (and just letting the spring action work) solved my problem.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:01 PM   #23

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
Sink Drain

Thanks good info, will check it out.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:05 PM   #24
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
So you have a Studor valve. Replace it with a good one not the cheep one most manufactures put in the rig.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Studor-Mini...ter/1000604287
Old 05-03-2021, 05:16 PM   #25

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Georgia
THOR #18370
Yeah... I'm thinking that this must be a "Design Error" in Thor's Plumbing Department! I have the very same problem on my 2018 Thor Miramar... S-L-O-W kitchen sink drains! UGH! I've tried a number of "tricks" but nothing seems to fix it. Weird thing is that sometimes it works just like it should, but most of the time "NOT". We've learned to Live with it... UGH!
Old 05-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #26

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
As a test you can just remove the vent - it just unscrews. If the drain works better then go to the big box store and buy a good quality replacement. The Studervent (trade name) as mentioned is a good choice. You can’t just leave the vent off unless you want to smell the stinky tank smell all the time.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #27

State: Minnesota
THOR #20429
Low spot in drain pipe

Same problem here. The PVC drain pipe goes behind the stove and the wardrobe where it connects to flexible tubing. There was a low spot in the tubing and when I raised it up the draining improved. Three leveler plastic blocks did the trick.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:42 PM   #28

THOR #22781
Kitchen sink drain

Thanks appreciate your input will check it out.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #29

State: Minnesota
THOR #20429
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEasTexas View Post
Thanks appreciate your input will check it out.
Since the tube moves around when the slideout is closed I will remove blocks while traveling -- until I can find a more permanent solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210723_150227769.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	346.3 KB
ID:	32205  
Old 07-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #30

THOR #22781
Kitchen Sink in Drain

Thanks again...
Old 07-25-2021, 06:06 PM   #31

Model: Chateau 31B
State: Maryland
THOR #24310
Quote:
We have a 2021 Thor Four Winds 31W, the kitchen sink drains very slow water stays near the sink drain.

The dealership said they modified per Thor techs but no improvement.

Any suggestions this would also be the piping design on a Chateau.

Attachment 30046
My Chateau had a similar issue but maybe for different reasons. The elbow pipe that goes directly into the grey tank popped off from the slideout motion. The water had no where to go because the end was on top of the tank and water did slowly leak all around the tanks and on the ground. It turns out that part of the plumbing should be securely clamped and there was hardware missing to prevent it. I added a 2" bolt of my own and it seems to be holding up (Photo is sideways counterclockwise))
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210725_135310.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	32227  
Old 07-25-2021, 06:41 PM   #32

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by makitso View Post
Since the tube moves around when the slideout is closed I will remove blocks while traveling -- until I can find a more permanent solution.
Could you use string or wider ribbon to 'hang' the tubing? This would allow free movement with the slide operation.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:09 PM   #33

THOR #22781
Kitchen sink drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF8707 View Post
My Chateau had a similar issue but maybe for different reasons. The elbow pipe that goes directly into the grey tank popped off from the slideout motion. The water had no where to go because the end was on top of the tank and water did slowly leak all around the tanks and on the ground. It turns out that part of the plumbing should be securely clamped and there was hardware missing to prevent it. I added a 2" bolt of my own and it seems to be holding up (Photo is sideways counterclockwise))
Thanks, will pass on to service manager, MH is at dealer.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:10 PM   #34

THOR #22781
Thanks will check it out.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #35

State: California
THOR #24450
Same issue here

Quote:
Thanks will check it out.
I am on my first trip with Four Winds and having the same issue. Any luck with the dealership or Thor in finding a resoultion?
Old 08-06-2021, 12:18 AM   #36

THOR #22781
Dealer I bought my Four Winds from said Thor verified the design and they could not make motification.

We have own this MH 5 months and used it 5 days. Had to buy a plunger at Walmart to get water out of the sink.

Currently dropped off our MH at another dealership suggested by Thor customer service 2 weeks ago. Dealer very friendly but since I didn't buy the MH from them they tell me I go to the back of the line. Hopeful they can resolve the drain problem, it's a design flaw but not acknowledged by Thor.

I paid a signify amount of money for this unit, I am disappointed at the lack of of accountability by Thor knowing this is a design flaw and continuing to not correct this flaw for good faith consumers.

Also our refrigerator quit our first trip out, and external water leak on the slide out side

Prior issues resolved by dealers I hope these issues can be fixed.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:28 AM   #37

THOR #22781
Kitchen Sink Drain Design Flaw

Thor if you're reading this please address this issue, these MH's are not free.
Old 08-06-2021, 01:00 AM   #38

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Luckily my sink is on the fixed wall - the drain after the P trap is nearly horizontal (see pic)... but it seems to drain just fine. The vent must be up behind the cabinet??

However my city water connection is in the slide... THAT doesn't give me confidence - a pressurized vinyl hose dragging back & forth under the dinette bench!

My money is on a vent issue with yours.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20210805_232830448.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	32589  
Old 08-06-2021, 01:17 AM   #39

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Cunningham View Post
2019 Chateau looks like it has the same drain configuration. Water drains but it is slow and we can see water in the trap when it is fully drained. Had our only local RV dealer (not a Thor dealer) look at it and they said it would be a big job to reconfigure.
Your configuration looks exactly like ours. I think your horizontal run of pipe IS horizontal... not running uphill? Camera angle?

Yes, it's normal to have the trap full of water - a MUST to block stinky odors from the gray tank. The fact that mine is exactly like yours but drains well tells me you have a venting issue... air MUST get into the plumbing drain somewhere to allow the water to flow... it's like the trick of lifting a straw out of a glass of water with your finger over the end. As long as you block air from entering, the water will not flow out of the straw... same principle with your drain.

A better design would be to have more of a vertical drop directly out of the drain... but that would put the P trap really low in the cabinet. Trade offs...
Old 08-06-2021, 01:22 AM   #40

THOR #22781
Thank you, will suggest to dealer.

Appreciate your picture and insight.