Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2023, 06:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #26505
Leveler

We just took our 3rd trip in our 2022 kw29, when we set up I could not level, the l I panel kept showing low voltage. Everything seemed to check out ok, so I’m looking for help as to where to start.

Old 04-23-2023, 06:30 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I had a Big Foot leveling system installed... one thing they were adamant about was you MUST have fully charged - or near full - batteries to operate the system.

I would start by using a voltmeter to check actual battery voltage ON THE BATTERY TERMINALS/POSTS. Don't rely on the red LEDs on the status panel. If the house battery is low, run your generator for a while... it should dump 14+ volts into the house batteries. Again, use your voltmeter to check.
Old 04-23-2023, 06:57 PM   #3

THOR #26505
I ran the generator and battery’s both tested at 13.7
Old 04-23-2023, 07:04 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
On the Challenger I would get the low voltage quite often. I would start and run the engine while leveling.

I have yet to get a low voltage error on the current rig with EQ Smart Level.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:48 PM   #5

THOR #26505
I have to have the motor on to level
Old 04-23-2023, 11:11 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
My Bigfoot levelers will operate on battery alone, but it's clearly a near thing. I usually try to do it on shore power or with the generator running if I'm not sitting in bright sunlight (solar).
Old 04-24-2023, 01:35 PM   #7

Model: Windsport 32N
State: Arizona
THOR #23246
Low voltage error has been my constant problem. One thing that "tricks" me is that the low voltage often leads to tripping the breaker as the amps surge under low voltage conditions. I'll have the generator going and it still says low voltage and then the light bulb turns on - oh yeah, it blew the breaker. So you should check that if you haven't.

(On mine, pushing the up arrow repeatedly eventually shows battery voltage on the control panel. That is your coach battery voltage and what the control logic is looking at.)
Old 04-29-2023, 11:49 PM   #8

Model: outlaw 37rb
State: California
THOR #5223
I had low voltage problem

This is what I have done, recommended by Thor 6 years ago for our unit: Level with engine running. If low voltage message, press enter to acknowledge the low voltage and level either auto or manual mode. Hope this works for you.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:43 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustin View Post
This is what I have done, recommended by Thor 6 years ago for our unit: Level with engine running. If low voltage message, press enter to acknowledge the low voltage and level either auto or manual mode. Hope this works for you.
Our Manual for 2019 also says to level or when bringing slide out to have engine running. The Panel says it is required when leveling with big label.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Gear Panel.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	41748

Never thought about running the genny or using shore power? Normally if leveling; I don't have shore power set up anyway.

I guess if engine is running and I get a low voltage condition, I would check alternator output. Note: I have never seen that led light up except when it starts up to verify all is working.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 03:35 PM   #10

THOR #26505
Leveler

Think I found my low voltage issue, 15 amp in line fuse was corroded and broken,replaced and low voltage light went off🤞
Old 04-30-2023, 07:19 PM   #11

State: Virginia
THOR #27526
I chased this issue two weeks ago. Low voltage even after being plugged into the house. Volts would come up on Genny so all was not lost. I thought the BIM was miss-wiried, but found out I have a B.I.R.D. It turns out the cable on the left battery of my SV34/F600 was not crimped well enough. Put a volt meter on the battery posts and then ground to positive cables and make sure they are the same even if they look clean/good. I put on a new terminal and made sure all connections were clean and now we're good. Super frustrating after driving three hours, getting to the camp site and spending an hour getting the jacks down and slide out.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:39 AM   #12

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Colorado
THOR #2742
Same as many posts here. I get the low voltage message when my coach batteries are low charge.
Old 05-03-2023, 05:28 PM   #13

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #8723
Leveler

I received the low voltage notice almost every time I tried to level the motorhome. I always had the engine running while leveling. The only thing that worked was if I was hooked up to shore power.
Old 05-14-2023, 05:51 PM   #14

THOR #26505
Low voltage on levelers

The in line 15 amp fuse back by the hydraulic lines was the problem all worked great this trip,I would recommend checking that if low voltage light comes on.
Kw 29 2022